EntertainmentThe actor gives his phone to the police

The actor gives his phone to the police

-

- Advertisement -

Will Alec Baldwin’s laptop help investigators? The actor gave his phone to police on Friday as part of the investigation into the death of a filmmaker on the set of Rust, killed by a revolver he was handling during the accident.

According to the warrant, investigators are seeking to obtain messages, call logs, photos and videos, as well as any private messages sent on social media related to the production of Rust. They are also looking to get all the deleted videos, photos and messages on the phone related to the movie.

“Alec voluntarily provided his phone to authorities this morning so they could complete their investigation. But this case is not about his phone, and there is no answer on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong,” Aaron Dyer, his civil attorney, said in a statement.

An agreement to exclude exchanges with his lawyers and his wife

- Advertisement -

In mid-December, the investigators had obtained a warrant authorizing them to seize the phone of Alec Baldwin, also producer of the western, believing that it could contain “evidence” relating to the case, such as messages or e- emails.

Alec Baldwin surrendered his iPhone on Friday to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, where he has a home. Local police will make a copy of the data contained in the device and pass it on to their New Mexico colleagues in charge of the investigation, a spokesman for the sheriff of Santa Fe county told AFP.

- Advertisement -

This data has not yet been transmitted and exchanges with his lawyers and his wife will be excluded, under an agreement between Alec Baldwin and the authorities, said the spokesperson. On Thursday, sheriff’s services explained that negotiations were underway to obtain the actor’s phone due to “jurisdictional issues”.

“Neither guilty nor responsible”

At the time of the tragedy, October 21 on a ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Alec Baldwin was working on a scene with cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. He had been presented with the gun as harmless as it was supposed to contain only dummy bullets. In particular, the police are looking to find out how live ammunition could have been found on the set, which is in theory strictly prohibited.

Last week on his Instagram account, the actor posted a rather rambling video in which he claimed to be willing to cooperate with the police, describing as “lies” the “insinuations” according to which he was not obeying the demands of the police. investigators.

No arrests have been made to date in this case, but criminal proceedings are not excluded in the event that responsibilities are established, the services of the Santa Fe prosecutor pointed out shortly after the tragedy. ABC’s Alec Baldwin says he doesn’t feel guilty or even “responsible” for Halyna Hutchins’ death.

Source

- Advertisement -
spot_img
Janice Thomas
Janice Thomas is a content editor at 24 News Recorder. She has 5 years of journalism experience and she he is a graduate of Wittenberg University and holds a master’s degree in journalism from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Peru vs. Colombia: How much do bookmakers pay for a Bicolor victory?

Lima, January 26, 2022Updated on 01/26/2022 04:04 pmThe Peruvian National Team will face this Friday Colombia in...

Lionel Messi followed Scaloni’s press conference on Instagram

Lima, January 26, 2022Updated on 01/26/2022 04:12 pmLionel Messi was not called up for the matches that the Argentina...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you