Vineyard founded in 2001 in Rengo in the Rapel Valley. Already in 5 years in the local market it became the best-selling wine in Chile. In 2013, the young winery moved from home to Isla de Maipo, maintaining its vineyards in Rapel, but closing the doors of the winery located in the town of Rengo, to begin a new and brilliant stage in its history.
Today it is sold in 21 countries in different parts of the world. Its vision is to bring the success of Misiones de Rengo in Chile to the rest of the world. Great assets and very typical of the brand are the name and its cross. Both things make this wine very distinctive and easy to recognize at points of sale.
This project started as a dream among friends who wanted to create an extraordinary wine with a unique label. Although everyone told them that it would be a failure, since Chile has very good wines, they continued to believe, they knew that they had an excellent liquid and they only needed to create a unique and distinctive label. That is why they thought of a cross shape to identify their wines. Crazy! Many thought, but they had faith in their project.
It is supplied with grapes from the best wine valleys in Chile, including Leyda, Casablanca, Maipo (Maipo Andes, Isla de Maipo and María Pinto), Rapel Valley (Cachapoal and Colchagua), and Maule. This comes mostly from their own vineyards and another percentage from producers who have a long-term relationship with the vineyard.
The vineyards grow and develop basically in unique conditions, which means that they are subject to well-defined climatic seasons, with cold and rainy winters and dry and hot springs and summers. All the vines that participate in this wine are worked completely separately during the vinification process; long and cold pre-fermentation macerations are carried out, in such a way as to delicately extract anthocyanins and aromas.
Small fermentation tanks are used in order to maintain the origins of the grapes and for the extraction process to be controlled and gentle. The post-fermentation maceration technique is applied in some batches and this can last up to 20 days, which means that the entire “vatting” process can last more than a month in some batches.
Once the post-fermentation maceration process is finished, 80% of the wine comes into contact with French and American oak for 12 months. The other 20% is kept in stainless steel tanks.
What I like about this winery is that they are wines for any occasion. Loyal companion from day to day and that transmits attributes of good flavor and has an excellent price-quality ratio. For all those men and women who enjoy the simple things in life, Misiones de Rengo is a sure card.
View: Violet with reddish edges.
Smell: Notes of cassis, raspberries, figs and dried apricots at first, then floral aromas of roses and violets. It also has hints of vanilla, cloves and black pepper.
Taste: It is a tasty wine with a medium-high structure, with good balance and a long stay on the palate.
Pairing: Good choice for meat lasagna, mushroom risotto, meat stews, grilled fatty cuts of meat such as entrails and strip roast.
RENGO CUVEE GRAND RESERVE MISSIONS
GRAPE: 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah & 3% Carmenére.
PRICES/. 107.80 soles CONTACT: www.bodegat.pe
I am a highly experienced and well-connected journalist, with a focus on healthcare news. I have worked for several major news outlets, and currently work as an author at 24 news recorder. My work has been featured in many prestigious publications, and I have a wide network of contacts in the healthcare industry. I am highly passionate about my work, and strive to provide accurate and timely information to my readers.