CNews announced on Monday via a press release that “the CSA [Conseil supérieur de l’audiovisuel), par sa décision du 9 septembre, contraint [la chaîne] and Eric Zemmour not being able to continue the show they were doing together “and, she says” although Eric Zemmour is not declared a candidate for the presidential election which will take place in 7 months “.
Last week, the CSA asked the audiovisual media to count the interventions of the polemicist on the national political debate.
CNews says it regrets “such a decision which deprives millions of viewers
interventions by the chronicler ”. Eric Zemmour, who was on the air from Monday to Thursday evening in Facing the info presented by Christine Kelly,
reacted on Twitter : “The authorities dreamed of it, the CSA did it. The CSA forces us to stop the emission. Here lies the public debate. “
” Blues “
Eric Zemmour was however invited to Time for the pros on CNews this Monday morning to comment on the news channel’s decision. “I think it was inevitable. I think the CSA did it on purpose. After careful consideration, during the weekend, we understood that this was the only reasonable solution. When you cannot resist, you have to break up and resist elsewhere, ”he said, saying that he felt“ vague in the soul ”.
Eric Zemmour also gave up in early September to keep his weekly columns in Le Figaro and Le Figaro Magazine in order to focus on promoting France has not said its last word, which will be released in mid-September. “He was leaving for unpaid leave,” said the editorial director of the Figaro, Alexis Brézet who, in June, assured his troops that the polemicist would have to withdraw from his media if he were to embark on the race for the Elysee Palace.