World Russian opponent threatened with force-feeding on hunger strike

Russian opponent threatened with force-feeding on hunger strike

-

- Advertisment -

648x415 alexei navalny berlin 23 septembre 2020 apres sortie hopital

Alexei Navalny in Berlin, September 23, 2020, after being released from hospital. – Handout / Instagram account @navalny / AFP

Russian opponent Alexeï Navalny on hunger strike is threatened with force-feeding by the authorities, his official Twitter account said on Monday.

“He weighs 77 kg”, eight kilos lost since the start of his action on March 31, indicated the account @navalny, adding that “in view of the seriousness of the hunger strike, the (prison) administration threatens to feed it with force on a daily basis”.

Back and leg pain

Alexei Navalny, 44, announced on March 31 that he had decided to stop eating to protest his conditions of detention in camp number 2 in Pokrov, 100 km east of Moscow, known as one of the toughest in the country. The anti-corruption activist accuses the prison administration of denying him access to a doctor and medication and of “torturing” him by depriving him of sleep. He had previously said he suffered from severe back pain and had lost sensitivity in both legs.

Relatives of Alexeï Navalny demand that he be transferred to a hospital, and are all the more worried that the opponent barely survived last year a poisoning that had plunged him into a coma, and of which he accuses President Vladimir Putin to be responsible. Arrested in January on his return to Russia, the opponent was sentenced to two and a half years in prison in an old case of fraud that he, his supporters and many NGOs denounce as a policy, and whose judgment has been denounced by the European Court of Human Rights.



Source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

- Advertisement -

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you