He hadn’t expected to celebrate Christmas this way. A German couple from Wismar were hospitalized Thursday, December 24, after eating cookies made by their daughter. The latter had obviously found the idea of adding cannabis to her preparation brilliant, reports Swissinfo. What his parents obviously did not digest.
The father was the first to experience symptoms. Taken by dizziness, nausea, palpitations and circulatory problems, he had to be taken care of by the emergency services. The latter then returned to transfer the mother to the hospital, also feeling unwell. Both hospitalized, the parents received additional treatment.
An investigation opened for serious bodily harm
It was by returning to the family home this second time that the rescuers understood the couple’s symptoms had been caused by the recipe for the cookies concocted by their daughter. The latter could be prosecuted for grievous bodily harm and violation of the narcotics law. An investigation was thus opened.
As for the cookies, they were confiscated by the police.