The South American Sub 20 It began last Thursday, January 19, and the teams have been fighting to occupy the first places in their respective groups. Along these lines, in this note we show you the matches and results of the day, as well as the live and updated standings of Group A and B.
Table of positions Group A
This is how date 3 will be played in this area.
5:00 p.m. | Peru vs. Paraguayan
7:30 p.m. | Argentina vs. Brazil
Table of positions Group B
This is how date 3 will be played in this area.
5:00 p.m. Uruguay vs. Venezuela
7:30 p.m. Chile vs. Bolivia
WHAT IS THE FIXTURE OF THE SOUTH AMERICAN SUB-20
Since December 2022, Conmebol already has the official fixture of the South American Sub-20 after a draw that took place at the headquarters of the soccer governing body.
The South American Sub-20 It will be played in 2 phases: Preliminary Phase (Group Phase) and Final Phase (the 6 teams classified from the preliminary phase will participate in this phase, with the same game system, all against all). All phases will be played in a single round of matches.
The final rounds of the South American Sub 20 will be held from Tuesday, January 31 to Sunday, February 12.
WHICH TEAMS PARTICIPATE IN THE SOUTH AMERICAN SUB-20
On the Conmebol page it is indicated that In the South American U-20 there are 10 countries that participate during various sports dates where Colombia will host.
The tournament is divided into two groups: Group A and Group B.
In group A are Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Peru.
In group B are Ecuador, Uruguay, Venezuela, Chile and Bolivia.
WHERE WILL THE SOUTH AMERICAN SUB-20 DEVELOP?
In the group stage of the South American Sub-20, the matches will take place in Cali, Colombia; in the following stadiums:
- Pascual Guerrero Olympic Stadium: Also known as Estadio Olímpico de San Fernando, this is a soccer stadium located in Cali, Colombia. It is provided for the soccer clubs América de Cali of the First Category A, América de Cali Femenino of the Women’s League, Atlético Fútbol Club and Boca Juniors de Cali of the First Category B to play. Both this complex and the other sports venues that Surrounding it are considered one of the most complete and modern sports spaces in Latin America, which is why the term “Sports Capital of America” was coined for the city.
- Cali Sports Stadium: This, which was the sports arena with the largest capacity in Colombia, is now the second after the Roberto Meléndez Metropolitan Stadium, it is located in the metropolitan area of Cali, in the rural area of Palmira, at km 8 of the interdepartmental highway between both municipalities. The complex has a capacity of 44,000 spectators divided into grandstands and suites
In the final phase the matches of the South American Sub-20 will take place in Bogotá, Colombia; in the following stadiums:
- El Campin Stadium: This is the largest soccer stadium in Bogotá, located in the town of Teusaquillo, center-west of the capital of Colombia. It was inaugurated on August 10, 1938 with an initial capacity of 10,000 spectators, on the occasion of the Bolivarian Games that were held in the city, after obtaining the venue for this first version at the International Olympic Committee session held in Berlin in 1936. disputed with Caracas.
- Metropolitan Stadium Roof: This is a soccer stadium located in Bogotá at 2,557 meters above sea level, where La Equidad, a team from the First Division of Colombian soccer that has played since the Finalization Tournament 2007, plays as locals, as well as the teams Tigres Fútbol Club, Bogotá FC, and Fortaleza CEIF. , of the Second Division of Colombian soccer. It has a capacity of 8,000 spectators.
WHAT IS THE SOUTH AMERICAN SUB-20 FORMAT?
All the meetings of the South American Sub-20 they are played in the host nation, and Conmebol’s ten Under-20 national teams participate in each edition (unless an association withdraws). The teams are separated into two groups of five where they play all against all, once, that is, each team plays four games.
The first three of South American Sub-20 from each group they qualify for a final round of six, where they also play all against all, only once, that is, each team plays five games. The results of this final round determine the champion and the South American classification to the next U-20 Soccer World Cup, and in some editions, to the Olympic Soccer Tournament, or to the Pan American Soccer Tournament.
Contrary to most international competitions, in the South American Sub-20 there is no final match, no match for third place, and no instances of direct elimination between teams. In the event of a tie in the number of points obtained by the teams in any of the two rounds, the classification is determined using the following system:
- Goal difference.
- Number of goals scored.
- The result of the match or matches played between the tied teams.
- By draw.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.