“Unacceptable”, this word Otavio hammered a good ten times this Sunday in front of the microphones. Not necessarily to qualify the new performance of his teammates, defeated by Lens (2-3) at Matmut Atlantique during this 5th day of Ligue 1, but to talk about the situation of the Girondins de Bordeaux. The Brazilian midfielder, at the club for four years now, had a lot of fun after this new disappointment at home. Like many fans, he surely feels like he’s not seeing the end of the tunnel.
An increasingly dark tunnel at the start of the season, and despite the many changes in the offseason. For the moment, the Marines and Whites are unable to do so. They still have not tasted victory during this exercise and above all are the new red lantern of the championship with only two small points (two draws and three defeats). So should we already be worried about the Girondins?
Yes, such a situation is still worrying
– 50 years. It had been half a century since the scapular club had occupied this last place after five days of the championship. “It’s not easy to live with, recognizes the coach Vladimir Petkovic, there is today a lot of worry and concern”. For Otavio, the heads are still sick: “I think there is bad pressure, we still enter the field with a little fear compared to last season and the fact that we do not win any match. We have to stop being in the reaction. We have to act from the first half. It’s a mental question. “
The last time that @girondins was last after five days?
Season 1970-71. This is to say if the situation is exceptional.
– Zebulon Crocis (@ZCrocis) September 12, 2021
– Defense at bay. This is the big black spot at the start of the season, Bordeaux has the worst defense in Ligue 1. It has now been 12 goals conceded in five games. Difficult to go and win a match under these conditions. Petkovic can not find the solution whether it is four or five in defense: “We make individual errors on goals (especially lack of scoring) and individual errors are the most complicated things to correct. And the integration of many recruits in this sector (Mensah, Mangas, Gregersen and Pembélé) does not necessarily help.
– A full-bodied calendar. This is perhaps what gives the most cold sweats to the Bordeaux supporters. Already in great difficulty, the Girondins are preparing to travel twice in a row to Saint-Etienne and Montpellier before receiving Rennes and going to Monaco. It is only after that that the schedule will be more affordable (Nantes, Lorient and Reims). In any case, between the Greens also in difficulty (19th), an MHSC still as solid and finally Bretons and Monegasques lack of points, we will have to hang on. Otherwise, the situation could then become very worrying.
No, there is no fire in the lake yet
– Five short days. If Vladimir Petkovic is one of the few coaches who “does not ask for time”, he still has some ahead of him to build his team. It is not yet the hour of the crisis at the Château du Haillan, especially when you have changed everything from floor to ceiling in the off-season. The former coach of the Nati just hopes to see his players “put more aggressiveness and ardor” during the next meetings “while waiting for the automatisms to be created over time”. And anyway for Otavio, the players “should not expect anything from their coach” because “it is up to us to make ourselves responsible and to change our mentality! “
– A living team. If the Bordelais do not win, they show at least a little character. They are not going straight for the moment in their match. As in Marseille, they were able to come back from 0-2 to 2-2 against Lens before losing to a penalty in added time. There is even a certain playing field when the technical level is up to the task. Onana, scorer for his first, has a big volume of play in the middle, Adli seems to have recovered from his hectic summer, Dilrosun has shown undeniable technical qualities and Elis should also quickly bring his speed. There are therefore grounds for hope.
– A new striker in sight. Gérard Lopez had warned, the Bordeaux transfer window was not necessarily over. After the failure of the attacker’s case this summer, the president of the Girondins hoped to find a joker for this position. And he may have found it. As revealed by Girondinfos and Foot Mercato, the club is on the M’Baye Niang track. Very little used at Stade Rennais despite a contract that runs until 2023 and a Genesio open for a return, the Senegalese could bounce back in Gironde. All parties have made contact but so far there is no agreement. “I didn’t even know he wanted to move on [sur le dossier] », Slips a relative of the player this Sunday evening at 20 Minutes.
In any case, M’Baye Niang has made his choice, it will be Bordeaux. Moreover, the striker has refused in recent days a new offer from FC Nantes who still want to get him back. “He was convinced by the new project, explains a person close to the file,” now we will have to find a financial solution. The player is ready to make an effort. According to our information, a two-year contract awaits him at the Girondins. It remains to find an agreement with Rennes and obtain the validation of the DNCG since the national management control department closely monitors the Navy and White.