real Madrid receives to Manchester City this Tuesday, May 9 at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium for the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League. Next, find out what time the ‘Madridistas’ play against the ‘Citizens’.
WHAT TIME DOES REAL MADRID PLAY VS. MANCHESTER CITY?
- 1:00 p.m. – Mexico
- 2:00 p.m. – Peru, Ecuador, Colombia
- 3:00 p.m. – Venezuela, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile
- 4:00 p.m. – Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil
- 9:00 p.m. – Spain, Germany, Italy, France
Manchester City eliminated Bayern Munich (1-1; 4-1 on aggregate) and qualified for the Champions League semifinals, thus facing Real Madrid, in an edition of the Champions League that will have an Italian finalist after Inter defeated Benfica (3-2; 5-2 on aggregate).
In addition to Real Madrid, who eliminated Chelsea 4-0 on aggregate, Milan had qualified for the semifinals the day before, after making good the 1-0 lead in the first leg with a 1-1 draw in Naples.
The first legs, in which Milan and Real Madrid will play at home, will be played on May 9 and 10, with the return a week later.
History, Real Madrid vs. Manchester City
- Season 2021/2022, for the second leg of the Champions League semifinals: Real Madrid 3-1 Manchester City
- Season 2021/2022, for the first leg of the Champions League semifinals: Manchester City 4-3 Real Madrid.
- 2019/2020 season, for the Champions League round of 16 second leg: Manchester City 2-1 Real Madrid
- 2019/2020 season, for the first leg of the Champions League round of 16: Real Madrid 1-2 Manchester City
- 2015/2016 season, for the second leg of the Champions League semifinals: Real Madrid 1-0 Manchester City
- 2015/2016 season, for the first leg of the Champions League semifinals: Manchester City 0-0 Real Madrid
- 2012/2013 season, in the group stage of the Champions League, in group D: Manchester City 1-1 Real Madrid
- 2012/2013 season, in the group stage of the Champions League, in group D: Real Madrid 3-2 Manchester City
Luka Modric in doubt
Real Madrid’s Croatian international midfielder Luka Modric has suffered a muscle injury in his left thigh, his club announced this Friday, one week before the Copa del Rey final on May 6.
The player has undergone medical tests that have revealed “an injury to the posterior aspect of the thigh of the left leg,” Real Madrid said in a statement on Friday, April 28.
The club does not specify the time of withdrawal, limiting itself to affirming that “it is pending evolution”, although according to the local press, the Croatian could be away from the pitch for about ten days.
Modric, 37, was replaced by Frenchman Aurélien Tchouaméni in the 63rd minute of the game against Girona that the meringues lost 4-2 on Tuesday in LaLiga Santander.
According to the Madrid sports press, Modric will not be on Saturday against Almería or for the visit to Real Sociedad on Saturday in the League.
The Croatian is also a doubt for the Copa del Rey final against Osasuna on May 6 in Seville and for the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Manchester City on May 9 at the Santiago Bernabéu.
“It is pending evolution and I do not know if it can reach the Cup final. It is football and this can happen. We hope to have it for the remaining games, which are important,” said the Merengue coach, Carlos Ancelotti, at the press conference prior to the match against Almería on Friday.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.