Lionel Messi won his seventh Golden Ball marking an unprecedented milestone in the world of soccer. The current PSG player prevailed in the voting against great figures such as Robert Lewandowski, Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Jorginho, among others. However, his son Mateo also took part of the spotlight with a joke he made in the congratulatory video for the ‘Pulga’ about the Argentina national team.
SIGHT – Ballon d’Or 2021: Lionel Messi is crowned the winner for the seventh time in his career
After receiving his award, ‘Lio’ was invited by the hosts of the ceremony to see a video they had prepared with various greetings from the people who love him the most. Along these lines, his three sons appeared: Thiago, Mateo and Ciro.
However, no one expected Mateo Messi to make a peculiar joke. What happened? The son of the ‘Pulga’ was asked how the Argentina team fared in the 2021 America Cup, where they came out champions, and he replied: “Very bad”, between laughs. Then he added the following: “No, very good, very good”.
It should be remembered that Lionel Messi won his first title with Argentina’s senior team at the 2021 Copa América that was held in Brazil.
How many Ballons d’Or does Messi have in total?
La ‘Pulga’, this Monday, November 29, won his seventh Ballon d’Or: he won six with FC Barcelona and now one with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Back on the throne: Lionel Messi and the exceptional merits he did to win the 2021 Ballon d’Or
- Flavio Azzarro at the 2021 Ballon d’Or: he appeared criticizing Messi in a reminder | VIDEO
- Ballon d’Or 2021 with Lionel Messi as the winner: summary of the ceremony and what is the complete ranking
- Lionel Messi is the 2021 Ballon d’Or: relive all the winners and the complete ranking
- I dont like him? Mbappé’s reaction to being 9th in the 2021 Ballon d’Or | VIDEO