Her face closed and her gaze darkened. Because he has not forgotten anything about the criticisms suffered during his time at Olympique Lyonnais. Even less the threats and insults to which he had been subjected. “It’s time for it to stop.” Tuesday afternoon, Bruno Genesio was questioned about the new excesses that occurred in the stands during the Coupe de France meeting between Paris FC and OL. At half-time, violence involving ultras Lyonnais had broken out. The latter allegedly threw smoke bombs and seats in the stands of the premises where there were families with children. OL president Jean-Michel Aulas explained that his supporters reacted after provocations from PSG ultras. This Tuesday, three Parisian supporters were also placed in police custody.
These facts are in addition to those which occurred during the OL-OM meeting where Dimitri Payet had received a bottle of water in the head. And those that occurred during the match between Nice and Marseille at the end of August. “It doesn’t matter whether it’s in Lyon, Rennes, Marseille, whatever. I think that there has been a great laxity on the part of the public authorities and perhaps of our sports bodies, ”said Bruno Genesio. The current Stade Rennais coach did not hesitate to bring up his personal case to support his arguments. “I know what I went through after a certain game in Cyprus and nobody did anything. My phone number was leaked on Twitter. Four hundred, 500 messages that I still have, with the numbers identified. Insults, death threats. I lodged a complaint, but there was no follow-up ”.
“We must finally take the necessary decisions”
Each time he was questioned about the violence of supporters, Bruno Genesio condemned them, calling on clubs and sports authorities to ban “for life” those involved in these excesses. “We must finally take the necessary decisions. Better late than never. It is up to them to take their responsibilities, ”he said before leaving the press conference without a word.
After the match stopped at Paris FC, Jean-Michel Aulas, suspended ten matches (including five suspended) after the incidents against Marseille, had promised to take “extremely severe measures against all the people who will be identified “. Several 18-month stadium bans (the legal maximum while waiting for justice) have already been left by mail.