Lima, December 28, 2021Updated on 12/28/2021 04:59 pm
Things get complicated in the English tournament. A sixteenth game of the season in the English football league, which was due to play Everton and Newcastle on Thursday, was postponed due to cases of coronavirus (Covid-19). The one in charge of giving the announcement was the Premier League on Tuesday.
“The Council has accepted Newcastle’s request for postponement. The club does not have the required number of players available for the match (13 field players and a goalkeeper) due to cases of covid and injuries ”, the entity said in a statement.
Newcastle, who played on Monday against Manchester United and drew 1-1 for matchday 19 of the Premier League, will have to wait to face Everton and with that 16 games are completed that are postponed due to Covid-19 cases.
The wave of infections in the UK has affected the championship program in a major way in recent weeks.
It should be noted that the Everton vs. Newcastle is the third game of matchday 20 that is postponed. Before it was the duels Arsenal vs. Wolverhampton and Leeds United vs. Aston Villa, which should have been played this Tuesday.
All matches suspended in Premier League
- Brighton vs. Tottenham – Closes 16
- Brentford vs. Manchester United – Fecha 17
- Burnley vs. Watford – Fecha 17
- Leicester vs. Tottenham – Closes 17
- Aston Villa vs. Burnley – Date 18
- Manchester United vs. Brighton – Fecha 18
- Southampton vs. Brentford – Fecha 18
- Watford vs. Crystal Palace – Fecha 18
- West Ham vs. Norwich – Fecha 18
- Everton vs. Leicester – Fecha 18
- Wolverhampton vs. Watford – Fecha 19
- Burnley vs. Everton – Fecha 19
- Liverpool vs. Leeds United – Fecha 19
- Leeds United vs. Aston Villa – Fecha 20
- Arsenal vs. Wolverhampton – Date 20
- Newcastle vs. Everton – Fecha 20