Sébastien Haller has become a very important player for Ajax and Ivory Coast, the footballer has been preparing with his team to play the African Cup of Nations, which begins on January 9, 2022.
LOOK | Uruguay national team: Nahitan Nández was denounced for gender violence against his ex-partner
Haller gave an interview for the Dutch medium, De Telegraaf, without thinking that he would live a tense moment with the journalist, after being asked “If he was willing to leave Ajax to participate in this competition”.
After the consultation, the forward replied: “If I prefer to stay at the club in January or play the African Cup with my country? That question shows all the lack of respect you have for Africa. Would you ask a European player this question before a European Championship? Of course I’m going to fight for the Ivory Coast ”.
The 27-year-old footballer felt that they looked down on the African tournament where well-known footballers such as Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané, Riyad Mahrez and Edouard Mendy will also participate.
“I hate having to choose between my country and my club. It really sucks. I’m playing for the title with Ajax and these two games are very important for qualifying. “, ended.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and his blooper against Newcastle that unleashed the mockery of the fans | VIDEO
- Today’s matches, December 31: TV programming to watch football live and direct
- From Moldova to Brazil: Gustavo Dulanto’s teammate in Sheriff will play in Fluminense
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal: the ‘Bug’ scored in Manchester United’s victory | VIDEO
- Mosquera jokes with Fernando Pacheco: “Who has asked this man?” | VIDEO