Colo Colo won the first Chilean superclassic of 2022 after beating the University of Chile for the Summer Tournament at the Ciudad de la Plata stadium with a great performance by Gabriel Costa, the Peruvian scored and assisted in his first game of the year.
LOOK | Peruvian goal in the classic! Gabriel Costa scored the 1-0 of Colo Colo vs. University of Chile | VIDEO
The Peruvian midfielder not only had a great match, he also entered the history of the Chilean classics between Colo Colo and U de Chile, since he became the first player to score in a classic played outside of Chile.
In the sixth minute of injury time in the first half, in the match for the Summer Tournament on Argentine soil, ‘Gabi’ scored via penalty and put ‘Cacique’ to win. With a strong shot from the right, Costa overcame the resistance of Hernán Galíndez and scored his first goal of 2022.
SEE | Center of ‘Gabi’ Costa and goal: the assistance for the 2-0 of Colo Colo vs. University of Chile | VIDEO
Colo Colo vs. U of Chile: summary
Colo Colo won 2-1 against Universidad de Chile in the first classic of this country played outside its territory, in a match played at the Jorge Luis Hirschi UNO stadium in La Plata.
With goals from Gabriel Costa, from a penalty, and Maximiliano Falcón, the ‘Cacique’ prevailed against a rival who discounted through Esteban Osorio, in a match that opened Group A of the Argentine Summer Tournament.
- Kepa’s clever move to knock Kane offside and miss a goal | VIDEO
- PSG vs. Brest live with Kylian Mbappé: time and TV channel
- Manchester City vs. Chelsea live: schedules and where to watch it for the Premier League
- Tigers vs. Puebla live: schedules and where to watch the game for Liga MX
- Manchester United vs. Aston Villa live: channels to watch it by Premier League