When it comes to streaming platforms, the first one that crosses users’ heads is twitch. And it is that this has positioned itself as the absolute leader for both content creators and users. However, a new rival has appeared that intends to take the first place from him.
LOOK: Exynos processors, developed by Samsung, have security gaps (they allow remote malicious attacks)
Is about kick, which coincidentally has a Twitch-like designbut it differs in the profit distribution system.
the main page hosts the most popular broadcasts that are currently live, as the top categories. Similarly, there are categories for all the games in the category and IRL broadcasts, Just Chatting or music. On the left side are the list of recommended and followed channels.
“By accessing one of the transmissions the design is also really familiar, since in the foreground you will find the direct with the title at the bottom accompanied by the description of the streamer, and his social networks ”pick up Genbeta.
LOOK: The incredible faces of the characters of GTA San Andreas in real life, according to an AI
At the moment the platform is focused on English-speaking streamers. The newspaper points out that it is unusual to find a Spanish speaker live, “possibly because he still does not see it as a suitable platform because his target audience does not have it fully located either.”
Kick promises its streamers to take 95% of the subscription earnings and the remaining 5% is taken by the platform. It’s a very different offer than what Twitch offers, where creators only take half of what they generate from subscriptions. The price of these is $4.99 and, in exchange for this, the viewer receives a series of emoticons to interact in the chat.
Currently, the new platform is still in its beta stagebut he promises to position himself and do battle with Twitch.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a vast amount of experience in writing and reporting. I have also worked as an author for a number of years, writing about technology and other topics.
I am a highly skilled and experienced journalist, with a keen eye for detail. I am also an excellent communicator, with superb writing skills. I am passionate about technology and its impact on our world. I am also very interested in current affairs and the latest news stories.
I am a hardworking and dedicated professional, who always strives to produce the best possible work. I am also a team player, who is always willing to help out others.