China Y Russia published this Friday a joint statement criticizing US influence and the role of Western military alliances, NATO and AUKUS, in Europe and Asia, considering them destabilizing.
In this document, adopted during the meeting between the Russian president Vladimir Putin and chinese Xi Jinping in Beijing, the two countries denounced “the negative influence of U.S for stability and a just peace” in the world.
LOOK: The United States says that Russia prepares fake videos to justify an invasion of Ukraine
Specifically, they opposed “any future expansion of NATO”, taking up Russia’s demand to calm the tension with Western countries by Ukraine.
Thus, China and Russia ask the “Atlantic Alliance to renounce its ideological views dating back to the Cold War.”
- NATO warns that the deployment of Russian troops in Belarus is the largest since the Cold War
- The United States confirms the sending of 3,000 soldiers to Europe amid tensions with Russia
- They leak the secret letters that the US and NATO wrote to Russia for the Ukraine crisis
Russia and China defend the idea of ”indivisibility of security”on which Moscow relies to request that the NATO leave its zone, arguing that the security of some cannot be achieved to the detriment of the security of others, thus ignoring the right of each state, and therefore of Ukraine, to choose its allies.
The two countries also denounced the “negative influence of the United States on the peace and stability of the Asia-Pacific region.”
Specifically, they showed their “concern” about the creation in 2021 of the military alliance between the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia, known as AUKUSestimating that this association, focused above all on the manufacture of nuclear submarines, “affects questions of strategic stability.”
The creation of AUKUS was criticized for Chinabut the United States considers it a priority to deepen its presence in the region and counterbalance Beijing.
China and Russia also signed several agreements on Friday, the amount of which was not made public. One of them, for example, foresees the supply of 100 million tons of Russian crude to China via Kazakhstan in the next ten years.
- The threats of anti-vaccines to a COVID-19 patient who they accuse of being an actor who faked the disease
- He was kidnapped at 16 and released at 58: the story of the man who spent his entire life in captivity
- Jacinda Ardern postpones her wedding due to coronavirus outbreak in New Zealand
- Woman refused to wear a mask on Miami-London flight; the pilot’s response will surprise you
- They run over a reporter in full live broadcast: “my whole life passed before my eyes”