Three other Russian ships from the Northern Fleet arrived in the Mediterranean Sea for the largest naval maneuvers since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Navy reported today. Russia.
They are the battleship”Marshal Ustinov”, the frigate “Admiral Kasatonov” and the destroyer “Vice Admiral Kulakov”, which crossed the Strait of Gibraltar a few hours ago, according to the Russian Navy in a statement.
LOOK: The United States warns that Russia would take Kiev in just 48 hours if it invades Ukraine
On the 4th, the Navy already reported that six landing ships from the Northern and Baltic fleets had docked in the Syrian port of Tartus, which is home to a Russian naval base.
The ships – “Piotr Morgunov”, “Gueorgui Pobedonosets”, “Olenegorski Gorniak”, “Korolev”, “Minsk” and “Kaliningrad” – arrived in Tartus after leaving the port of Baltisk, in the Russian Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad.
- Putin’s unusual promise to the president of Belarus, his strategic ally for an invasion of Ukraine
- 3 keys that explain why Ukraine is so important for Russia
- US intelligence says Russia is preparing a full invasion of Ukraine
Shortly before, three ships from the Pacific Fleet also arrived in the area after crossing the Suez Canal: the battleship “Variag”, the destroyer “Almirante Tributs” and the tanker “Boris Butoma”.
All these ships will participate in the naval exercises led by the head of the Navy, Nikolai Yevmenov.
LOOK: “We prepare for the worst”: Civilians with wooden rifles learn to defend Kiev, the capital of Ukraine
In addition, separate maneuvers will also be carried out, in addition to the Mediterranean, in the North and Okhotsk seas, in the Pacific Ocean and in the northeastern part of the Atlantic.
The objective of the maneuvers is “the defense of Russian national interests on the seas” and also “the fight against military threats” to the country.
Russia He denies that the Russian military maneuvers in recent weeks represent an “escalation” and a prelude to an invasion of Ukraine by land, air and sea.
In total, more than 140 ships and almost 10,000 soldiers will participate in these naval exercises, and they will be carried out in both territorial and international waters.
- The threats of anti-vaccines to a COVID-19 patient who they accuse of being an actor who faked the disease
- He was kidnapped at 16 and released at 58: the story of the man who spent his entire life in captivity
- Jacinda Ardern postpones her wedding due to coronavirus outbreak in New Zealand
- Woman refused to wear a mask on Miami-London flight; the pilot’s response will surprise you
- They run over a reporter in full live broadcast: “my whole life passed before my eyes”