Leader north korean, Kim Jong Unattended an event the day before to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the birth of his late father, the former dictator of the regime Kim Jong Ilaccording to state media reported today.
LOOK: The unusual reason why North Korean gardeners are taken prisoner to the gulags
The “national congregation”, as the state agency KCNA described the event, took place last Tuesday in the city of Samjiyon, in the northwest of the country, which was the first time that this commemoration was not celebrated in Pyongyang.
- Kim Jong-un appears galloping on a white horse in propaganda video
- The North Korean first lady reappears after four months out of the public eye
- North Korea Releases Photos of Medium-Range Ballistic Missile Test, Most Powerful Test Since 2017
The North Korean leader attended the event accompanied by other senior officials of the regime, including his sister Kim Yo-jong and Ri Il-hwan, a member of the central committee of the Workers’ Party, and laid a wreath in front of the statue of Kim Jong -il located in a square in Samjiyon, according to KCNA.
The state media did not report whether Kim gave a speech during the event, nor whether he visited, as is his custom on this date, the mausoleum that keeps the embalmed remains of his father and grandfather, in the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun in the capital. north korean
The current North Korean dictator pays tribute on this date to the birth of his predecessor in office with visits to the mausoleum every year since he came to power in late 2011.
North Korea began last week to hold cultural events and ceremonies to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the birth of Kim Jong-il, while South Korean intelligence services have also detected preparations for a possible military parade of which there is no record for now. .
The date is especially significant since the regime emphasizes anniversaries ending in zero and five.
After the death of Kim Jong-il, Pyongyang hosted events of great importance in 2012 and 2017, when the 70 and 75 years of the birth of the former marshal were celebrated respectively, who actually came into the world in 1941 (not in 1942 as the regime claims). ) as Soviet archives show.
In the military rehearsals that have been observed via satellite, the presence of military vehicles has not been detected, so the experts consider that the regime would not choose to display weapons of mass destruction now and that they could actually correspond to preparations for another parade. to be held on April 15.
On April 15 – the “Day of the Sun”, the most important national holiday – North Korea commemorates the 110th anniversary of the birth of Kim Il-sung, father of Kim Jong-il, grandfather of the current leader and founder of the country.
- North Korea launches its most powerful ballistic missile since 2017
- North Korea fires an unidentified projectile
- North Korea: Why the country sanctioned for missile tests will chair the largest forum dedicated to nuclear disarmament?
- North Korea fires two ballistic missiles as weapons test campaign continues
- North Korea launches another missile launch, the sixth so far this year