A shooting in which one person died and five others were injured in Portland, Oregonoccurred during a confrontation between a homeowner and armed protesters in a park where a march was planned to protest police violence, authorities said Sunday.
Officers who responded to Normandale Park Saturday night found a woman dead, as well as two men and three other women who were taken to hospital, Normandale police said. Portland.
- Two brothers died after trying to shoot a bear in the US.
- USA: Woman wakes up from COVID-19 coma a day before her family decided to take her off artificial respirator
- She donated the body of her husband who died of COVID-19 for science, but they dissected it in a paid show
His condition has not been released, and police have not released the names of anyone involved in the shooting.
“The scene was extremely chaotic, with multiple witnesses refusing to cooperate with officers,” police said in a statement released Sunday. “Most of the people at the scene left without talking to the police…This is a very complicated incident, and investigators are trying to put the puzzle together without having all the pieces.”.
Lt. Nathan Sheppard, a department spokesman, said in a virtual conference Sunday that it would be “irresponsible” to say whether related arrests have already been made. He did not explain a motive or release other details about the circumstances of the shooting.
A live press conference hours earlier on Sunday to discuss the violence in Portland was interrupted by protesters, who began shouting slogans against the police.
Posts on social media note that a march in honor of Amir Locke, a black man who was shot and killed by police in Minneapolis, was already planned at the time of the shooting, KOIN-TV reported.
In 2020, Portlandthe largest city in Oregonrecorded months of nightly protests that often turned violent following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police. Portland became the center of the movement to defund the police, but the ongoing protests in the city have largely dissipated.
Now the city deals with high numbers of violence by firearms.
Police responded to six shootings in a nine-hour span between Thursday night Thursday and early Friday morning. Shortly after the Saturday night shooting in Normandale Park, officers responding to another disturbance shot dead one of the people involved.
- They kill el Koki, one of the most wanted and dangerous criminals in Venezuela
- The Playboy bunny who married an 89-year-old rich man and was left without an inheritance
- Who was the Koki, the dangerous criminal boss of Cota 905 who was shot down by the Venezuelan police
- Simon Leviev, the “Tinder scammer” accused of stealing millions from several women he met on the dating app
- Hunting Pablo Escobar’s hippos, a “necessary option” to control his invasion in Colombia
- Unusual: they find the body of an old Italian woman on a chair two years after her death