military russians they will be deployed in the territories of the self-proclaimed people’s republics of Donetsk and Lugansk, recognized this Monday by Moscow, to exercise pacification functions, according to two decrees signed by the Russian president, Vladimir Putin.
According to the documents, the Russian military “will guarantee the peace” in those territories until the signing of agreements on Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Aid between both entities and Moscow.
- Crisis in Ukraine: Macron calls for an urgent meeting of the UN Security Council
- Putin recognizes the independence of Donetsk and Lugansk, rebel regions of Ukraine, and fears of an invasion grow
- Donetsk and Lugansk, the breakaway republics of Ukraine that Russia recognized as independent
Information in development…
- Will Putin and Biden be able to reach a diplomatic solution to the Ukraine crisis?
- NATO condemns Putin’s decision to recognize the independence of Donetsk and Lugansk
- European Union announces sanctions against Russia for recognition of Donbas
- What is Donbas, the bone of contention between Ukraine and Russia?
- Russia made a list of Ukrainians who must be killed or captured, according to the United States