Authorities mexican They arrested this Wednesday an alleged feminicide of Michell Simon, a young model and television presenter who appeared murdered at the end of February in the south of Mexico City.
“This afternoon agents of the Investigative Police of the Attorney General of Mexico City arrested Miguel ‘N’ in the Benito Juárez mayor’s office, for his possible participation in the femicide of the young Michell, which occurred on February 20”, indicated the Prosecutor’s Office on its social networks.
LOOK: “There are shell casings, human remains, but not the bodies”: what is known about the massacre at a wake that shakes Mexico
The Prosecutor’s Office recalled that the woman’s body appeared in the Ajusco area, in the south of the capital, where workers found her while putting out a fire nearby.
The victim, known for being a television host in Coatzacoalcosa city in the south of the state of Veracruzhad been missing for three days before the appearance of her body.
- Mexico: Hitmen murder 17 people attending a funeral in Michoacán | VIDEO
- Massacre in Michoacán: hit men cleaned the place and took the bodies of those shot at a wake
- Massacre in Michoacán: they look for bodies of the 17 shot by hit men at a wake
Although the motive for the crime was not clarified, The capital prosecutor’s office identified the crime as a probable femicide, murder motivated by gender violence.
The arrest of Michael “N”occurred “in coordination with police officers from the Secretariat of Citizen Security of Mexico City, with whom cabinet and field work was carried out to achieve its location,” added the prosecution.
The crime occurs in the midst of an “atypical spike” in femicides in the Mexican capital, with 11 registered in the first two months of the year, as recognized by the attorney general, Ernestina Godoy.
95% of these murders of women are committed by the ex-partner, partner, friend or relative of the victim, according to the head of the Government of Mexico City, Claudia Sheinbaum.
Mexico suffers from a wave of sexist violence with 1,004 femicides registered in Mexico in 2021, murders typified by gender, 2.66% more than in 2020.
When adding the murders classified as intentional homicides, in Mexico they kill more than 10 women a day, according to official figures.
This violence is one of the main claims of Mexican women who are preparing to take to the streets next week on the occasion of March 8, International Women’s Day.
- Ukraine compares bombing of Kiev to that of Nazi Germany in 1941
- Ukraine reports the death of 2,800 Russian soldiers on the second day of the invasion
- Why did Russia invade Ukraine and what are Putin’s arguments for war?
- A shocking audio reveals how Russian soldiers threaten and then kill 13 Ukrainian soldiers on an island
- These are the countries that support Russia and those that are with Ukraine
- NATO activates its defense troops for the first time in history to deter Russia