Every day new stories are known from Ukraine that shake the world. One of them is that of Amelia, a girl who played ‘Let it go’, the great success of the animated film ‘Frozen’, in a basement where dozens of people took refuge from Russian attacks.
The moving scene of this little girl, whose age is unknown, quickly went viral. Even though Amelia sings the Ukrainian version of this song, the rhythm of this famous song is easily identified by its fans.
SIGHT: Ukraine shows on video how its forces destroy Russian tanks one by one
The original video was published on Facebook by a woman named Marta Smekhova, who assured that the minor’s mother had authorized her to share the recording.
The sweetness and the voice of Amelia, as seen in the video, caused the people present in this shelter to immediately fall silent and listen to the little girl. Many of them let their feelings flow and they couldn’t hold back their tears.
- The escape route: the return of a Peruvian from Ukraine | VIDEO
- Boris Johnson fears that Russia will fabricate an excuse to use chemical weapons in Ukraine
- With ‘missilazo’: This is how they killed the ‘Grey Wolf’, the best Ukrainian war pilot
When the little girl finished singing, this refugee basement was flooded with applause and cheers for Amelia. Some people also took advantage of the emotional moment to take out their cell phones and record.
The video of this little girl singing reached Idina Menzelthe American actress and singer who played Queen Elsa in the movie ‘Frozen’, in addition to her hit song ‘Let it go’.
“We see you. We really, really see you”, Idina wrote on her Twitter account along with two hearts in the colors of the Ukrainian flag.
We see you. We really, really see you. ???????? https://t.co/Vhln1MjXpX
— Idina Menzel (@idinamenzel) March 7, 2022
Also, the songwriter of this Disney hit, Kristen Anderson-Lopezalso shared a message on his Twitter after seeing Amelia: “Dear girl with the beautiful voice, my husband and I wrote this song as part of a story about healing a family in pain. The way you sing it is like a magic trick that spreads the light in your heart and heals all who listen to it. Keep singing! We are listening!”.
Dear Little Girl with the beautiful voice,
My husband and I wrote this song as part of a story about healing a family in pain. The way you sing it is like a magic trick that spreads the light in your heart and heals everyone who hears it. Keep singing! We are listening! https://t.co/j8CnDSNJw8
— Kristen Anderson-Lopez (@Lyrikris10) March 7, 2022
Marta, the woman who shares shelter with Amelia and who published the video, said that the little girl loves to draw and sing, and her big dream is sing in front of a big stage.
Amelia’s version of ‘Let it go’ accumulates more than 13 million reproductions, proof that it has gone around the world. It has also been shared by large media outlets.
- Putin says Western sanctions are like a ‘declaration of war’
- Ukraine shows on social networks the missile attack on a helicopter: “This is how the Russian occupiers die!” | VIDEO
- Visa and Mastercard suspend operations in Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine
- The strange act of Vladimir Putin between jokes, flowers and stewardesses in full offensive in Ukraine
- British journalists recorded the moment they were fired upon by Russian troops in Ukraine
- War correspondent in Ukraine: “No one imagined that this would happen with such brutality”