The presidents of Peru, the Dominican Republic and the King of Spain, Felipe VI, were among the first authorities to arrive this Thursday at Chile for the presidential inauguration of Gabriel Boricwho received a Pokémon plush toy from the Japanese delegation, the nice note of the day.
borikwho at 36 will become the youngest president of Chilereceived various guests at the Municipality of Santiago, in the heart of the capital.
SIGHT: Change of command Chile 2022 LIVE | Gabriel Boric assumes this Friday as the new president
In addition to meeting with Felipe VI, the Dominican president, Luis Abinader, and the Peruvian, Pedro Castillo; he also did it with the Ecuadorian, Guillermo Laso, and the Paraguayan, Mario Abdo.
He also received the Prime Ministers of Curaçao, Gilmar Pisas; from Haiti, Ariel Henry; from Guyana, Mark Phillips; and envoys from the governments of Mexico, Brazil, Ireland, Japan, Morocco, Palestine, Honduras and the United States.
- A pokeball and a Squirtle, the nice gift from the Foreign Minister of Japan to Gabriel Boric
- Change of command Chile 2022: Migration crisis, economy, the “Mapuche conflict”, the great challenges of Gabriel Boric
- Who is Gabriel Boric, the feminist and “millennial” president of Chile who arouses world interest | PROFILE
The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, and his counterpart from Bolivia, Luis Arce, are scheduled to arrive on Friday.
“Dear @gabrielboric, may this new stage in Chile consolidate the integration efforts that must prevail among our brother peoples. The population expects great social reforms hand in hand with sustainable investments. Let’s make the development of the great country a reality,” Castillo posted on social media, along with a photo with borikto whom he gave the figure of a horse.
However, it was the Japanese Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Kiyoshi Odawara, who left the nice note by giving borik a stuffed toy from the popular animated series Pokémon, after learning that the president-elect had previously published on his social networks that his favorite character was Squirtle, a kind of blue turtle.
The surprise and pleasure that the gift gave him was not hidden even by the mask and he reaffirmed it on Twitter, where he published a video receiving the gift with the phrase: “Thanks to the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of Japan, Kiyoshi Odawara, for this Squirtle!”
Throughout the day, the outgoing president, the conservative Sebastián Piñera, also received the official delegations at the La Moneda presidential palace.
On Friday Piñera and borik They will make the change of command in the coastal city of Valparaíso, about 120 km from Santiago, at the headquarters of the Congress.
For the ceremony, in addition to the official and foreign authorities, borik He invited personalities such as the former Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff, the British Labor parliamentarian Jeremy Corbyn, the president of the Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo of Argentina Estela de Carlotto, and the Nicaraguan writer and opponent of the government of Daniel Ortega, Gioconda Belli.
“After 14 hours of flight, I have landed in Santiago de Chile!! I am ready for this new Chilean beginning with President Gabriel borikin whom so many of us have our hopes,” Belli tweeted.
- Change of command 2022: what time is it, where to watch it, traffic closures and more
- Putin says Western sanctions are like a ‘declaration of war’
- Ukraine shows on social networks the missile attack on a helicopter: “This is how the Russian occupiers die!” | VIDEO
- Visa and Mastercard suspend operations in Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine
- The strange act of Vladimir Putin between jokes, flowers and stewardesses in full offensive in Ukraine
- British journalists recorded the moment they were fired upon by Russian troops in Ukraine
- War correspondent in Ukraine: “No one imagined that this would happen with such brutality”