A 43-year-old man suffered paralysis and brain damage after a masseuse misperformed a procedure in a steam room. The event happened in Puebla, Mexico. What happened to the woman?
Geronimo Rodolfo Ramirez I was a customer of the place. However, the person in charge of performing the massage did not take the appropriate precautions when cracking the neck in order to release the tensions caused by stress, according to a statement from the Puebla State Attorney General’s Office.
LOOK: The impressive image that shows 3 migrants who traveled 11 days on the rudder blade of an oil tanker to reach Spain
After the man left the Villa Frontera steam baths, he began to feel bad; he had pain in his head and neck, so he decided to go to the hospital. According to sources close to Ramírez, he chose to attend the Traumatology and Orthopedics Hospital, since his mobility was no longer the same.
However, the doctors who treated him did not see any abnormality at the time and decided to send him home with some painkillers to alleviate the discomfort he felt.
#Find out || The niece of Gerónimo Rodolfo Ramírez, the man who suffered damage to her spine after being thundered in the Villa Frontera baths, asks for justice for her uncle, who may be left in a vegetative state.
— Juan Carlos Valerio (@JCarlos_Valerio) November 26, 2022
the situation got worse
After the subject was sent home, he decided to rest and try to rest while the pastes took effect. However, the situation worsened and Ramírez woke up in critical condition the next day: he lost control and mobility of his body.
In addition, the man had hiccups, his body was numb and he felt a tingle all over his face, according to what his relatives told the Prosecutor’s Office.
Given the circumstances, his relatives took him to the General Hospital and, due to the severity of his symptoms, Ramírez had to be transferred to the Hospital del Norte.
There, Ramírez remains hospitalized while the respective investigations and pertinent examinations are carried out. His family went to the place where Ramírez was sent to do the massages, but, apparently, the owners did not want to respond to the accusations.
The steam room did not want to name the woman who performed the procedure. Given this, Ramírez’s family filed a lawsuit against the Villa Frontera steam baths to answer for what happened. For now, the venue has been suspended while the investigation proceeds.
🔴The steam baths of Villa Frontera where a young man suffered brain damage from a massage, were closed, the mayor reported, @eduardorivera01.
He indicated that the @FiscaliaPuebla will be responsible for carrying out the pertinent investigations. || @Both hands https://t.co/0kFcMVt0gw pic.twitter.com/z68iOtgndI
— Jessica Zenteno (@Jessezenteno) November 28, 2022
I am Jack Morton and I work in 24 News Recorder. I mostly cover world news and I have also authored 24 news recorder. I find this work highly interesting and it allows me to keep up with current events happening around the world.