At least 22 children were burned to death today in the fire of several cabins of a school in the rural municipality of Maradi, in the center of Nigera security source informed Efe.
SIGHT: At least 138 dead in bloodiest attacks in Burkina Faso since 2015
The fire occurred in the AFN primary school in Maradi in three rooms built with flammable material, something common in Niger.
- 40 civilians killed in new attack on three villages in Niger
- Six French tourists are shot dead in Niger by a group of men on motorcycles
- YouTube: the shocking ambush of the US military in Niger
“The firefighters received a call from Maradi at around 12:00 local time and immediately moved to the scene of the accident, but before their arrival the classes were already completely on fire”, explained to Efe a person in charge of the Civil Protection who requested anonymity.
He added that the Nigerien troops also registered another 18 children with serious injuries who were admitted to the emergency room at the regional hospital.
On April 13, at least 21 children, between the ages of six and twelve, were burned to death in a primary school in Niamey.
The authorities are looking for possible survivors after the incident, Civil Protection sources told Efe.
- Journalist who reported on the start of the coronavirus in Wuhan is on the verge of death in jail, according to his family
- Mortuary clerk admits he committed dozens of sexual assaults on corpses
- Austria offers jobs with salaries of up to US $ 4,000 to foreigners, including Peruvians: what profession are they looking for and how to apply?
- Salt Bae Feeds Vietnam’s Communist Minister With More Than $ 1,100 Gold-Plated Steak | VIDEO
- Life sentence for woman who murdered five of her children in revenge because her husband left her
- Bill Gates talks about an upcoming threat that would put the world ‘in check’