At least three dead and two wounded left this Thursday an armed attack on the outskirts of the municipal palace of the city of Guaymas, state of Sonora, northwest of Mexico, where a feminist demonstration was taking place, reported the State Attorney General’s Office (FGJE).
The attack occurred in the middle of a “symbolic takeover” of the municipal government building by feminist groups that commemorated the International Day for the Eradication of Violence against Women.
SIGHT: The march in Mexico against sexist violence takes place with tension | PHOTOS
But the demonstration was violently dissipated when, leaving three dead and two wounded.
Through Twitter, the Attorney General’s Office of the state of Sonora confirmed that the balance of the armed attack was “Two men and a woman without life”Among the deceased, it was learned that at least one was the mayor’s bodyguard.
- Mexico: They protest in Ciudad Juárez to demand justice for femicides
- Girl who refused to marry is imprisoned; her mom had agreed to sell her for $ 10,000 in Mexico
- Mexico: mothers searching for missing persons find 18 bodies covered with lime in clandestine graves in Sonora
In addition, the photographer Noé Cabrales, who works for the municipality, as well as one of the feminist protesters, was injured.
According to witnesses, the group Feminists of the Sea He called for a symbolic seizure of the municipal palace that began at 5:00 p.m. local time and an hour later, men armed with assault rifles and grenades began the attack on the public premises.
Meanwhile, the colony (neighborhood) center of Guaymas It was guarded by agents of the Mexican Navy, National Guard, State and Municipal Police, who activated the Red Code security protocol.
In addition, they asked the population to evacuate the area and refrain from traveling around the scene of the events.
Sources from the Ministerial Criminal Investigation Agency confirmed that one of the dead men was the mayor’s escort, while the other man was one of the attackers who was killed by security forces, while the third victim is a woman who is still has not been identified.
- Mauricio Leal: the famous stylist and his mother die in strange circumstances in Colombia; this is what is known
- The nightmare of the school that won the draw for the presidential plane of Mexico
- He arrived at the hospital with a fever, fatigue and flu, they gave him two years to live and 13 years later he lives to tell the tale
- To try to save his son, who is unlikely to live, a father develops a laboratory at home
- Lifeless body of renowned model Christy Giles was thrown in front of a Los Angeles hospital
- “Who gets vaccinated, wins”: Austrian public television raffles cars and houses to promote vaccination against coronavirus