The Argentine Vice President Cristina Kirchner and his two sons, Florencia and Máximo, were dismissed for non-existence of a crime in a case investigating alleged money laundering, according to the ruling released this Friday.
The Federal Oral Court 5 resolved the measure that also affects the other six defendants in the case.
- Prosecutor requests oral trial for Cristina Kirchner for money laundering in the Hotesur and Los Sauces cases
- Argentina elections 2021: Cristina Kirchner loses her own quorum in the Senate, according to official count
- Argentina elections 2021: Alberto Fernández calls for dialogue with the opposition after losing control of Congress
The file, known as “Hotesur” and “Los Sauces”, investigated the alleged overpricing in public works tenders held in the province of Santa Cruz and the alleged payment of bribes through false reservations at hotels belonging to the Kirchner family.
The court considered that the case lacked support to be taken to oral trial.
The decision can still be appealed to the Federal Criminal Cassation Chamber.
Kirchner, 68, has been dismissed in several cases for alleged crimes that occurred in her two presidential terms (2007-2015), but she is still prosecuted in a total of five.
The last of these decisions corresponded to her dismissal last October in the case where she was accused of covering up those responsible for the attack against the Jewish mutual AMIA in Buenos Aires, in 1994, with a balance of 85 dead and 300 injured.
In that file, all the defendants were also dismissed, including the late former Foreign Minister Héctor Timerman.
In 2019 Kirchner was elected vice president in the formula with President Alberto Fernández.
- Journalist who reported on the start of the coronavirus in Wuhan is on the verge of death in jail, according to his family
- Mortuary clerk admits he committed dozens of sexual assaults on corpses
- Austria offers jobs with salaries of up to US $ 4,000 to foreigners, including Peruvians: what profession are they looking for and how to apply?
- Salt Bae Feeds Vietnam’s Communist Minister With More Than $ 1,100 Gold-Plated Steak | VIDEO
- Life sentence for woman who murdered five of her children in revenge because her husband left her
- Bill Gates talks about an upcoming threat that would put the world ‘in check’