The government of Colombia announced this Monday that as of December 14, it will require a card or certificate of vaccination against covid-19 with a complete guideline to enter the country from all international travelers of legal age.
“Under the recommendation of the advisory committee of the Ministry of Health, since December 14, all international travelers 18 years of age and older who enter Colombia must present a vaccination card or certificate COVID-19 with complete scheme “announced the Colombian president, Iván Duque, in a message on his Twitter account.
- Colombian media report the death of “el Paisa”, one of the main leaders of the FARC dissidence
- How Pablo Escobar died 28 years ago and 3 of the theories about who shot him
- The story of the man who took a picture of drug lord Pablo Escobar asleep
Until now, airports did not require a vaccination card or negative test to enter the country, but with the reopening of land borders, such as that of Ecuador, which is scheduled to reopen on December 15, it was already planned to require the certificate vaccination.
In addition, presenting the vaccination card with at least one dose is already mandatory for entry to events, bars, cinemas and other places of leisure, culture and entertainment for people over 12 years old.
The president highlighted this Monday in an act the importance of “Today Colombia has a higher first dose vaccination rate than the United States and Germany, without being a vaccine producing country ”.
What’s more, “Today, December 6, 2021, we will be reaching 50% of the population with two doses, which reaffirms the commitment to achieve in these remaining days of the month to reach that 70% with two doses.”
And he called on the private sector to encourage vaccination as the best way to combat and prevent new variants, such as omicron.
Despite the advance by the president, the Ministry of Health has only published vaccination data until last Saturday, when 58,891,525 doses were applied, and 25,302,353 had the complete scheme, that is, around 49, 7% of the population.
In addition, since booster doses began to be applied, and taking into account that any population over 18 years of age can apply one more dose, if six months have passed since the initial scheme, 1,909,670 booster doses have been inoculated.
- Mauricio Leal: the famous stylist and his mother die in strange circumstances in Colombia; this is what is known
- The nightmare of the school that won the draw for the presidential plane of Mexico
- He arrived at the hospital with a fever, fatigue and flu, they gave him two years to live and 13 years later he lives to tell the tale
- To try to save his son, who is unlikely to live, a father develops a laboratory at home
- Lifeless body of renowned model Christy Giles was thrown in front of a Los Angeles hospital
- “Who gets vaccinated, wins”: Austrian public television raffles cars and houses to promote vaccination against coronavirus