On the morning of this Sunday, around 9 o’clock, a driver rammed and killed the cyclist Marcela Bimonte and fled the place, near the Bosques de Palermo, in Argentina, with the help of a Jeep brand truck that picked him up in the area.
The events were recorded in the security cameras of the city of Buenos Aires. In the recording, you can see the red Ford Focus, driven by Jose Carlos Olaya Gonzalez, that he loses control and gets on the bike path on Figueroa Alcorta avenue.
- Who was Marcela Bimonte, the cyclist who was run over in Argentina
- Argentina registers 20,020 new cases of coronavirus
- Governor of Bahia says he will accept direct aid from Argentina despite Bolsonaro’s refusal
In another shot of the Buenos Aires security system, it appears the Jeep truck that went to look for the person in charge, now detained, and collaborated in the escape. The vehicle in question is driving down the avenue with the driver of the Ford Focus.
This is how Carlos Olaya González ran over cyclists and runners in the Bosques de Palermo with his red Ford Focus and then escaped to Avellaneda in a Jeep truck. pic.twitter.com/LZ1QqDzN5Z
– GastonMarote (@gastonmarote) January 2, 2022
However, 40 minutes later, in the Buenos Aires district of Avellaneda, in an operation coordinated by the City and Province police, they arrested the driver. They were also delayed the companion and two other men that helped them flee.
Sources from the Buenos Aires Ministry of Security confirmed THE NATION that the case against the 32-year-old driver is for culpable homicide. Against the three remaining men –Patricio Daniel Valiente, 30 years old; Lucio Valiente, 20, and Fernando Ezequiel Escobar, 29-, the cover is for concealment. All four were arrested.
There’s also two delayed women, 20 and 22 years old. Both were on board a red Ford Focus when it hit the athletes. Although they did not flee, they stayed inside the vehicle and did not assist the victims.
The Buenos Aires Security portfolio reported that thanks to the work with the Buenos Aires Police they managed to capture the accused. “With the dominance of it, an alert was irradiated in all the communes. It was detected thanks to the Digital Ring and it was made a tracing, seeing that it was coming down at Puente Pueyrredón. So the Province staff were alerted, who quickly visualized him and stopped him.”, They indicated.
On the other hand, the Buenos Aires Security Ministry reported that the Jeep truck, with IED 733 patent, was intercepted at the intersection of the streets Argentine Women and Casella Piñeyro, in Avellaneda.
- The day that ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán left a city without roses to bury his son
- Mexico will require a visa from Venezuelans to prevent them from reaching the United States
- The murdered actress Tania Mendoza and her love for the Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva
- “My husband cut off my hands with an ax”
- Tania Mendoza, actress of “La mera reina del sur” is shot to death in Mexico