Four hospitals in the English county of Lincolnshire have declared an emergency situation and limited some services due to a staff shortage caused by infections of coronavirus, the BBC reports this Monday. The medical director of the United Lincolnshire Hospitals Foundation -which manages the centers-, Colin Farquharson, has stated that “there is significant pressure on personnel due to absences related to covid-19” and “additional measures are being taken to maintain services” in the towns of Lincoln, Boston and Grantham.
LOOK: The United Kingdom is getting ready for the possible absence of up to 25% of public employees per omicron
Farquharson He assured that “basic services” are still open and people can go to the hospital if they need care.
As support measures, the Foundation imposed restrictions on visits a few days ago to stop the spread of the omicron variant and workers have been asked to offer overtime in the next 72 hours and try to limit their contacts with people outside of work, the public broadcaster indicates.
- England imposes mandatory masks and tests on high school students to avoid closing schools
- Coronavirus: British Health Minister calls for learning to “live” with COVID-19
- Hospital absences due to coronavirus double in a month in England
The UK hospitality and retail sectors have also warned that they are facing heavy casualties due to covid lockdowns and warn that many establishments may have to close.
The Prime Minister’s Government, Boris Johnson, yesterday asked those responsible for public sector organizations to make “contingency plans” in the event of the possible absence of up to 25% of employees due to virus contagion, especially in Health and Education.
LOOK: The United Kingdom closes the year with a record of 189,846 coronavirus infections in one day
For now, the Conservative Executive has declined to introduce new social restrictions against the omicron in England, where there are fewer measures than in other parts of the United Kingdom and Europe.
In the English region, the most populated and where a record of infections was recorded this Christmas, it is mandatory to wear a mask in closed spaces such as transport or supermarkets (although not in the hospitality industry) and present a vaccination pass or negative test to enter in big events or discos.
In addition, high school students must take a test before returning to class this week and wear a mask at all times.
- The day that ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán left a city without roses to bury his son
- Mexico will require a visa from Venezuelans to prevent them from reaching the United States
- The murdered actress Tania Mendoza and her love for the Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva
- “My husband cut off my hands with an ax”
- Tania Mendoza, actress of “La mera reina del sur” is shot to death in Mexico