The authorities Venezuelan They detected 110 new cases of covid-19 in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number to 445,082 since the start of the pandemic, Communication Minister Freddy Ñáñez reported on Monday.
“659 days after the pandemic in Venezuela, we report that during the last 24 hours the country registered 110 new infections, 102 by community transmission and 8 imported”Ñáñez wrote on his Twitter account.
- Colombia confirms 24 deaths in fighting between the ELN and FARC dissidents on the border with Venezuela
- Maduro assures that Venezuela has abandoned “the state of hyperinflation”
- Maduro says that 2021 was “democratic institutionality” for Venezuela
The Andean state of Mérida is the region with the most new cases, with 31, of which 17 were detected in the Libertador municipality, 7 in Campo Elías, 6 in Santos Marquina and one in Alberto Adriani.
Behind is Caracas (19), which precedes the states of Miranda (15), La Guaira (9), Yaracuy (8), Aragua (4), Monagas (4), Trujillo (3), Bolívar (2), Sucre (2), Amazonas (2), Lara (1), Nueva Esparta (1) and Portuguesa (1).
The eight imported cases are passengers from Spain (3), from Panama (3) and Colombia (2).
Thus, Venezuela reaches 445,082 cases confirmed by the authorities, although 435,097 patients have already recovered, representing 97% of the total.
There are currently 4,650 active cases, of which 3,795 are being treated in the public health system and 855 in private clinics.
Of these, 2,539 patients are asymptomatic, 1,430 suffer from mild acute respiratory failure, 552 suffer from moderate acute respiratory failure, and 129 are admitted to intensive care units.
On the other hand, Ñáñez reported the death of two people, both from Caracas, more to reach 5,335 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic.
The Minister of Health, Carlos Alvarado, confirmed this Monday that the booster vaccination phase against covid-19 formally began with the aim of “maintaining control” of the pandemic.
“We are complying with what President Nicolás Maduro instructed us by starting the booster vaccination so necessary to maintain control, which we have so far, of the pandemic in Venezuela, (with) five cases per 100,000 inhabitants, and to be able to maintain that we have to get vaccinated”, Said the minister in a transmission of the state channel Venezolana de Televisión (VTV).
According to data released by Maduro, 91% of the Venezuelan population is vaccinated, although it did not clarify whether they have one or both doses necessary to achieve immunity.
- New York prosecutor cites Donald Trump and two of his sons
- Bolsonaro is hospitalized for possible surgery for intestinal obstruction
- What restrictions does the vaccination passport bring that France is about to approve?
- They reveal the secret agreement that could shield Prince Andrew against trial
- Spain detects first cases of Flurona, the combination of COVID-19 and flu at the same time