The French health authorities have registered nearly 300,000 new cases of covid-19 in the last 24 hours, declared this Tuesday the Minister of Health, Oliver Véran.
LOOK: The Bogdanoff brothers, the most famous twins in France, die of coronavirus six days apart
“Today [el organismo] Public health France it will probably announce about 300,000 contaminations in 24 hours ”, declared the Minister before the parliament.
The French government has been warning for weeks that the omicron variant is circulating very actively.
- Coronavirus: What restrictions does the vaccination passport bring that France is about to approve?
- France reduces the isolation of vaccinated people who were infected with coronavirus to seven days
- Coronavirus: the mandatory use of masks extends to children from 6 years in France
Late december France had registered just over 230,000 new cases of covid in one day, a record so far.
Although its lethality seems lower than the delta variant, which has dominated the epidemiological panorama of the pandemic worldwide for months, the omicron is a highly contagious mutation.
More than 2,000 people were admitted to hospitals in a single day, Santé Publique warned on Monday France.
The soaring of cases is also explained by the increase in detection tests: last week eight million people underwent tests, both by PCR and self-diagnosis, less precise but faster.
The positives rate is above 15%, close to the fall 2020 records.
Faced with this wave, the French Health Minister insisted that vaccines are the best known barrier so far.
Vaccines “do not prevent contamination, but prevent the development of the virus once you are infected (…), and therefore serious forms” of the disease, he insisted.
“For every patient vaccinated with a booster dose in resuscitation, there are 20 unvaccinated patients,” summarized Véran.
At the same time, the Interior Minister, Gérald Darmanin, explained in a statement that the security forces had detected “192,483 false health passports” as of December 30.
Justice has opened 435 investigations to stop this flow of invalid vaccination certificates.
- The day that ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán left a city without roses to bury his son
- Mexico will require a visa from Venezuelans to prevent them from reaching the United States
- The murdered actress Tania Mendoza and her love for the Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva
- “My husband cut off my hands with an ax”
- Tania Mendoza, actress of “La mera reina del sur” is shot to death in Mexico