The Latin American and Caribbean region registered more than 300,000 daily cases of covid-19 between January 7 and 13, a record since the start of the pandemic two years ago, according to an AFP balance based on official figures.
In this wave, Argentina accumulates almost half of the new cases. This Friday it added 139,853 infections and 96 deaths.
- Bill Gates says coronavirus vaccines still have two key weaknesses
- Who was Valentina Boscardin, the 18-year-old Brazilian model who died of coronavirus
- Bill Gates: “Ómicron will be like the seasonal flu”
With 45 million inhabitants, Argentina accumulates 6,932,972 cases and 117,901 deaths from covid-19.
In America Latina, the average number of new infections was 304,000 diaries this week, which doubles the record reached in the previous wave, of 155,000 cases per day between May 28 and June 3, 2021. The increase was 126% over the previous seven days.
deaths from covid-19 they are also on the rise in the region, although at a much lower rate than infections.
Between January 7 and 13, an average of 621 deaths were reported diaries, which represents an increase of 44% compared to the previous week. The record for deaths in the region occurred in the week of April 6 to 12, 2021, with 5,548 deaths diaries.
- The day that ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán left a city without roses to bury his son
- Mexico will require a visa from Venezuelans to prevent them from reaching the United States
- The murdered actress Tania Mendoza and her love for the Mexican drug lord Arturo Beltrán Leyva
- “My husband cut off my hands with an ax”
- Tania Mendoza, actress of “La mera reina del sur” is shot to death in Mexico