louis diaz had a great debut premier league this Thursday, being a figure in the 2-0 victory of Liverpool against Leicester City for the 24th date of the English contest. A few days after his arrival from Porto, the Colombian was at a good level and received a standing ovation at Anfield.
LOOK | Liverpool fans applauded Luis Díaz after his Premier League debut | VIDEO
In his first appearance as a starter with the ‘reds’, the ‘coffee grower’ could not score but was dismissed with applause when he was changed in the last minutes, after losing balance on the left side of his new team.
Díaz was one of the most active, participating in the second goal and contributing to Liverpool’s fifth victory in a row, taking into account all competitions, and the third in a row in the Premier League.
But the absolute protagonist of the victory was Diogo Jota, author of a brace for the victory of the team commanded by Jurgen Klopp.
Thanks to this victory, the distance with City is reduced to nine points and, in addition, Liverpool has one less game, so, if they win it, they would be six behind the leader and with a direct confrontation still to be played.
- Zinedine Zidane and PSG: Is this the last chance to see Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo together?
- This is everything you need to know about the Super Bowl before the Bengals vs. rams
- Today’s matches, February 10: live football and online TV programming
- Portland Timbers referred to the case of Andy Polo: “He was removed from all activity and will be investigated”
- With Messi, Mbappé and figures from women’s football, PSG presented its fourth shirt | PHOTOS