Hakim Ziyech was asked if he will return to the Eredivisie in January (NOS)

Hakim Ziyech has refused to rule out the possibility of leaving Chelsea in the January transfer window.

The 29-year-old has struggled to impress Stamford Bridge since joining Ajax for £33.3 million in 2020. .

- Advertisement -

Ziyech has been strongly linked with a departure from Chelsea in the summer transfer window, with AC Milan, Tottenham and Manchester United all reportedly interested in the midfielder.

The Moroccan international has also been urged to return to Ajax in recent weeks.

- Advertisement -

When asked by NOS whether he will return to the Eredivisie in January, Ziyech said on Wednesday after Morocco’s 0-0 draw against Croatia: “It’s hard to say, hard to say.

“We don’t know what will happen in the winter. It’s football, so it’s hard to say.’

Hakim Ziyech played in Morocco’s goalless draw with Croatia on Wednesday (AFP via Getty)

Ziyech was also urged to leave Chelsea last month by Dutch legend Marco van Basten, who also claimed the Premier League club had too many players in its squad.

“It is sad and a pity. Ziyech is a great player. We have to see someone like that, we watch TV for such a player and we come to the stadium,” Van Basten told Ziggo Sport.

“It is a pity for the whole of football that he is on the bench. If such players do not get minutes, it is not good for football.

“Actually, there should be a rule that clubs can only have a certain number of players.

“So she [Chelsea] have far too many and that actually makes football less interesting. A player like Ziyech can just play at another club and entertain the fans.’