We are already at the gates of witnessing the most important game of the year, the grand final of the World Cup 2022 Come in Argentina Y France. In the last four years, the confrontation that both had in Russia 2018 has not been a pleasant memory for the South Americans. However, on this occasion, with a rejuvenated team, the ‘albiceleste’ does not intend to back down.
Scaloni’s men did not have a dream debut, but after the defeat against Saudi Arabia everything has been indescribable. The forced victory against Mexico and Poland led a course that seemed lost. Australia, although dignified, seemed to be one more step in search of glory. Against the Netherlands, initially controlled, the match turned agonizing and glorious. To evoke old ghosts from Russia 2018, Croatia stood up to Argentina, the result was unbeatable.
On the other hand, France, in this World Cup, was able to break the curse that had held the champions captive since 2010: being eliminated in the group stage after winning the World Cup. They finished first in Group D with 6 points. In the round of 16 they beat Poland (3-1) without problems. In the quarterfinals, on the other hand, England made it more difficult for them, but it was not enough (2-1). The surprise selection of the contest also gave the battle (2-0), although France, with its offensive power, submitted it.
In this meeting we will not only see the dispute for the World Cup final; We will also see the face to face between Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappé, although colleagues at PSG, everything suggests that the relationship is not the friendliest. It could also mean a change in the paradigm that the Argentine has represented for football for more than a decade.
What time do Argentina vs France play?
- Mexico: 9:00 a.m.
- Peru: 10:00 a.m.
- Ecuador: 2:00 p.m.
- Colombia: 10:00 a.m.
- Bolivia: 11:00 a.m.
- Venezuela: 11:00 a.m.
- Argentina: 12:00 p.m.
- Chile: 12:00 p.m.
- Paraguay: 12:00 p.m.
- Uruguay: 12:00 p.m.
- Brazil: 12:00 p.m.
- Spain: 4:00 p.m.
What channels broadcast Argentina vs France live?
- Argentina: Public TV, TyC Sports and DirecTV
- Mexico: SKY Sports, Channel 5, TUDN, Azteca 7
- Peru: Latina and DirecTV
- Spain: Movistar +, World Goal, RTVE.es, La 1 (open)
- Ecuador: DirecTV Sports, ECDF and Teleamazonas
- Colombia: DirecTV Sports, Caracol TV, RCN TV
- Venezuela: DirecTV Sports, Televen
- Bolivia: Tigo Sports, Unitel, Bolivia TV, Red Uno
- Chile: DirecTV Sports, Channel 13, Chilevisión
- Paraguay: Tigo Sports, Channel 9, Telefuturo
- Uruguay: DirecTV Sports, Antel TV, Montecable HD 1, Channel 10, TeleDoce, Channel 4
- United States: Telemundo, FOX Sports
History of Argentina vs. France
Adding friendly and official matches, the two World Cup finalists have met a total of 12 times: 6 victories for Argentina, 3 French victories and 3 draws. Although the balance tilts in favor of those of Messi and company, the last memory of a duel against the Europeans is not pleasant.
- France 4-3 Argentina | Round of 16 World Cup 2018
- France 0-2 Argentina | friendly 2009
- France 0-1 Argentina | friendly 2007
- France 2-0 Argentina – Friendly 1986
- Argentina 2-1 France | 1978 World Cup group stage
- Argentina 0-0 France | friendly 1977
- France 0-1 Argentina | friendly 1974
- France 0-0 Argentina | Brazil Independence Cup 1972
- Argentina 2-0 France | friendly 1971
- Argentina 3-4 France | Friendly 1971
- France 0-0 Argentina | friendly 1965
- Argentina 1-0 France | 1930 World Cup group stage
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.