Skip to content

OM: launching an investigation into the threats announced by Pablo Longoria

Things are taking a new turn. According to La Provence, Marseille prosecutors have opened an investigation into the “threats” and “intimidation” that OM President Pablo Longoria said he suffered.

At the moment, Marseille prosecutor Dominique Laurence explained that she has not yet received the complaint stated by the leader. “I think it should come to us within a week,” she told a local newspaper, assuring that the investigation was currently based on elements “exposed in the press.”

The revelations allegedly took place during an eventful meeting held last Monday between management and leaders of seven supporters’ groups. The day before, the Marseille players pulled out a simple draw at home with Toulouse and were booed by the spectators at the Vélodrome stadium.

Longoria at the Parc des Princes on Sunday

The day after this conversation, the Marseille club reported in a press release about “personal threats” and “a relationship based on intimidation.” “Representatives of fan associations expressed their wish for the resignation of the current OM staff. “The threat of ‘war’ (sic) against them was made until they resign,” the document explains.

Following the meeting, the Spanish president announced his desire to resign before guaranteeing on Friday that he would remain president of Olympique Marseille. He also made the trip to the Parc des Princes for Sunday night’s Clasico, which ended in a heavy 4-0 defeat. Late last week, Pablo Longoria said he planned to file a complaint after receiving threats from some supporters’ group leaders.

Source: Le Parisien

Share this article:
globalhappenings news.jpg
most popular