A game that has become a global trend, wordlehas been the key to rescuing an 80-year-old woman who had been kidnapped in Chicago, U.S. That day Denyse Holt had not shared her score at the usual time and her daughter noticed it, it was something unusual in her daily routine.
LOOK: Two brothers died after trying to shoot a bear in the US.
During the night of February 5, Holt was alone in her house when James H. Davis III He entered his house naked, carrying scissors in his hand. The 32-year-old man broke into the building after breaking a window, covered in cuts and blood, and did not hesitate to point his sharp weapon at the housewife.
- Taiwan and Somaliland: which other countries are seeking international recognition (and how they became independent)?
- The US will send 3,000 more troops to Poland “in the next few days”
- US seizes $7 billion of Afghan assets, half for 9/11 victims
The kidnapping was unavoidable. Davis assured her victim that she would not harm him, but forced her to take a bath with him fully clothed and then locked her in the basement. “I thought I wouldn’t survive”, declared the woman to the local CBS station.
LOOK: Emma Coronel, wife of “El Chapo” Guzmán, will be released from prison in September 2023
Holt’s eldest daughter, Meredith Holt Caldwell, who lives in Seattle, realized something was wrong when her mother. That day, she did not send her daily score of wordle. Denyse was very punctual with this figure on a daily basis, his missing score was “baffling” for his daughter.
“Wordle” saves 80-year-old woman from hostage situation when woman’s daughter alerts police because she hadn’t received her mother’s daily text with the puzzle answer.
— The Recount (@therecount) February 10, 2022
As is known, Wordle is a virtual game that consists of guessing a five-letter word a day in just six attempts. His popularity has skyrocketed since the beginning of the year. Millions of people play it daily. The New York Times even announced at the end of January that it had bought wordle for “undisclosed seven-figure price”. Other versions of the game have appeared around the world, in languages ranging from German to Urdu.
LOOK: New York prosecutor registers high number of hate crimes against the Asian community
Meredith She knew that her mother never missed this part of her daily routine and faced with such atypical behavior, she decided to call the Chicago police. Agents went to Holt’s home on February 6 and discovered that she was being held hostage.
After the police entered, there was a one-hour confrontation between the officers and Davis. Ultimately, they decided to use a stun gun to incapacitate the attacker and rescue Holt. She was in a state of shock, but fortunately she had no injuries.
The police suspect that Davis suffers from a mental illness. She now faces charges including breaking and entering with a deadly weapon and aggravated kidnapping.
With information from AFP.
- They kill el Koki, one of the most wanted and dangerous criminals in Venezuela
- The Playboy bunny who married an 89-year-old rich man and was left without an inheritance
- Who was the Koki, the dangerous criminal boss of Cota 905 who was shot down by the Venezuelan police
- Simon Leviev, the “Tinder scammer” accused of stealing millions from several women he met on the dating app
- Hunting Pablo Escobar’s hippos, a “necessary option” to control his invasion in Colombia
- Unusual: they find the body of an old Italian woman on a chair two years after her death