WorldThe death toll in a young man's attack on...

The death toll in a young man’s attack on schools in Brazil rises to four

-

- Advertisement -

A woman injured by a young man who shot at two schools in the city the day before Brazilian from Aracruz died this Saturday in the hospital where she was admitted, bringing the number of deaths in those attacks to four.

The fourth victim, a 38-year-old teacher, died in a hospital in Aracruz, a city in the interior of the state of Espiritu Santo, which she had been admitted the day before, after the attack perpetrated by a 16-year-old against two schools in that city.

- Advertisement -

Look: Brazil: alleged perpetrator of shootings at two schools arrested

The event left another three dead (two teachers and a twelve-year-old student) and ten people are still hospitalized, resulting in injuries of varying severity.

- Advertisement -

The attacker, a former student of one of the educational centers and whose identity has not been revealed because he is a minor, was arrested hours after the attack and confessed to the crime, which he said he had planned for two years, although he did not explain the reason. .

This Friday morning, during school hours, the young man entered the Primo Bitti school, where he was enrolled until last June, went to the teachers’ room and opened fire at will against a group of teachers who were together.

Then he went to the Praia do Coqueiral Educational Center, a private school located on the same avenue, shot several children and fled.

Police arrested him hours later, at a family home, and the teenager immediately confessed to the crime.

The governor of Espíritu Santo, Renato Casagrande, said at a press conference that the young man has a “mental health problem” and is receiving psychiatric care.

He also revealed that the young man, who at the time of the attack was wearing a swastika on his clothes, is the son of a police officer and that he used a semi-automatic pistol and a revolver, both owned by his father, for the attack.

The crime caused a shock in Brazil and was condemned by the president-elect, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who will assume power on January 1.

Lula said that he received the events “with sadness” and expressed his “solidarity with the relatives of the victims of this absurd tragedy”, which until now has not been commented on by the current head of state, Jair Bolsonaro.

Source: Elcomercio

- Advertisement -
spot_img
jack
jack
I am Jack Morton and I work in 24 News Recorder. I mostly cover world news and I have also authored 24 news recorder. I find this work highly interesting and it allows me to keep up with current events happening around the world.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Craving a dessert? Discover 3 recipes with seasonal fruits

In summer, the fruit options that we can find are irresistible. Although they can be eaten fresh, they...

El Déan Valdivia, mentor of rulers

Juan Gualberto Valdivia Cornejo, who would later be called "mentor of rulers", was born in Yslay, province of Arequipa,...

First planes with international aid arrive in Syria after devastating earthquake

The first planes with supplies and specialized personnel to help in the rescue efforts from the earthquakes arrived today...

Huawei adds the Cabify transport app to its app store

Huawei has incorporated the app cabify to its app catalog on AppGallery, which is now available...

Pereira vs. Nacional online live by Superliga BetPlay 2023: schedules and how to watch

Sports Pereira vs. National Athletic live for the Super League BetPlay 2023 via win sports online ...

Vegan papa a la huancaína: learn how to prepare this recipe with few ingredients

Everything is “veganizable”. Any recipe, even the most complicated, can be made exclusively with ingredients of plant origin,...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you