“Bear” is a “Koolie” breed dog that was abandoned due to behavior problems in Australia. However, after the necessary discipline, he managed to be awarded the prize “To animal action” for saving more than 100 koalas injured in the forest fires in that country.
SIGHT: They find Cleo Smith, the 4-year-old girl who disappeared two weeks ago from a camp in Australia, locked in a house
According to Infobae, the award is provided by International Fund for Animal Welfare in recognition of the dog’s work between 2019 and 2020, in which, without fear of fire, he managed to save the marsupials.
- An apprentice rider is in a coma after falling from her horse after crossing the finish line
- Macron accuses Australian president of lying about submarine contract
- Australia lifts restrictions on leaving the country for those vaccinated
“Bear” was sent to the states of New South Wales and Queensland, where – thanks to his sense of smell – he was able to find the animals, who were rescued injured.
“He can recognize the smell of koalas’ fur and when he finds one in a tree, it falls to the ground at the base without disturbing him … We think he deserves this award because he has been very good in helping us find and rescue many koalas. “noted the dog’s guardian, Romane Cristescu.
The pet was abandoned by its former owners because they could not use its energy, which they described as “overflowing”. Still, Bear was rescued and taken to a dog training center for the conservation of the Universidad Sunshine Coast.
This team works to locate groups of koalas that are affected by forest fires. “He found koalas despite all the harrowing conditions. That brought us hope “Cristescu pointed out.
- Josep Borrell: “The aid of the European Union to Peru is the one that will grow the most in Latin America”
- Who is José Antonio Kast, the defender of the Pinochet legacy who is very close to the presidency of Chile?
- “Five million deaths from COVID-19 is a great wake-up call for all humanity” | INTERVIEW
- Former cop Eric Adams wins New York mayoralty
- Guatemalan police find 54 Haitian migrants in a truck trailer