One of the most beloved Peruvian dishes is celebrated today, like every June 28, when thousands of Peruvians take the opportunity to enjoy a delicious ceviche. Advantage decided to join this celebration and we present a recipe for Ceviche Nikkei by chef Daniel Chang Matsusaka, from the Hilton Garden Inn Lima Miraflores hotel. In addition, the chef gives us some tips to prepare it to perfection.
- 400 grams fresh tuna loin
- 1 dcl ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons of aceviche mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 50 grams glazed sweet potato
- 50 grams crispy sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 50 grams avocado
- 50 grams of chili limo cut in julienne
Take the tuna loin and with a sharp filleting knife cut the fish into cubes. Add the ponzu sauce and let stand for 3 minutes. We add ají limo, cilantro and finally the mayonnaise acevichada with leche de tigre. Mix carefully, adjust the salt and serve.
To assemble the plate, place the marinated fish on the plate. Then we add avocado cubes on top, glazed sweet potato and corn on the sides. Finally we bathe everything with a mixture of the ponzu sauce and acevichada.
Decorate the avocado with crispy sweet potato and drops of sesame oil.
Also, take note of the 10 practical tips to prepare this dish that chef Daniel Chang gives us:
- Have fresh fish
- Use good quality soy sauce
- Balance well the salty taste of soy sauce
- Add kiuri or avocado to give freshness to the dish
- Serve both colors of the avocado, the intense green and the yellow green.
- Do not abuse sesame oil
- White fish or blue-fleshed fish can be used. It helps to better concentrate the flavors.
- Balance the strong flavors of oily fish with soy sauce
- Use the scent of ginger
- Mix acevichada sauce with ponzu sauce to achieve a good flavor in the fish.
- For Ceviche Day there are many options to celebrate this flagship dish. Bigbox offers the experiences “Peruvian Styles”, “Gourmet Experience” and “Flavors of the World” where you can find various ceviche options to give to your loved ones or treat yourself on this special day. Find the options on their website: www.bigbox.com.pe
- If you are going to celebrate this day at home, Embarcadero 41 will deliver your orders for ceviches, trios or makis, a management that reaches all of Lima through its website www.embarcadero41.com or through the most popular applications.
- A special recipe book that compiles the best proposals from chefs in Peru from Marriott International hotels can be found here. These are ceviche recipes, tips and secrets extracted from their kitchen.
- the cevicheria Mary Shepherd It has its usual cevicheras bets for special days. Today they will offer fried ceviche, vegan ceviche, flavored with pisco, oriental and the classics.
I am a highly experienced and well-connected journalist, with a focus on healthcare news. I have worked for several major news outlets, and currently work as an author at 24 news recorder. My work has been featured in many prestigious publications, and I have a wide network of contacts in the healthcare industry. I am highly passionate about my work, and strive to provide accurate and timely information to my readers.