Lima, December 27, 2021Updated on 12/27/2021 05:18 pm
Ay, New Years. So many good things – and so many bad things – have been done in your name. December is the month of excesses par excellence (shopping, panettone, among other pleasures) and social gatherings will tend to abound in 2021. Last year the pandemic deprived us of celebrating as we were used to doing – we all know – but not we must lower our guard. This time, with a large part of the vaccinated population and more flexible restrictions, there are not a few who are already organizing reunions and festivities of all kinds. The first thing we want to make clear here is that, whatever the plan, the most important thing is to continue taking care of ourselves.
The second is that you can do a lot when it comes to celebrating … using what we have at home. If this time has taught us something, it is that the resource is our best ally when it comes to serving an ingenious dish. And that same rule applies to bartending. The talented Thalía Talavera presents below three ideas of simple, but different and very refreshing cocktails, to enjoy the holidays with pleasure. Of course, also with suggested moderation.
An intense month is coming: a cocktail in hand never hurts.
- 2 ½ ounces of white wine (we recommend Chardonnay)
- 1 ounce of pisco of choice
- Cucumber slices
- Ginger ale
- Basil leaves
- Jelly syrup
- 4 ice cubes
- Chill the glass / glass preferably. Or what is the same: fill with ice and move energetically.
- Add the white wine and pisco, add the ice cubes and the cucumber slices to add freshness.
- Complete with ginger ale, add a splash of gum syrup and place the basil leaves to flavor.
2. Triple Punch
- 1 bottle of craft beer (some variety that is not very invasive)
- 2 ounces white rum
- ½ ounce of Creole lemon juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce pineapple syrup
- 5 fresh pineapple cubes
- Thyme sprig
- 4 ice cubes
- First, cool the glass well.
- Add the rum and pineapple syrup and let it rest for a minute.
- Add the chopped pineapple and stir.
- Pour in the lemon juice and garnish with some peels.
- Complete the glass with craft beer, stir slightly to homogenize ingredients, place the sprig of thyme and serve.
3. Merry gin
- Semi dry cava of your choice
- 1 ½ ounce of gin of choice
- 1 ounce pink grapefruit juice
- 2 grapefruit ice cubes (made with natural frozen grapefruit juice, optional)
- Pink grapefruit twist
- Chill the gin slightly -in another glass, with ice- and pour into the glass (without the ice) when it is cold.
- Add natural grapefruit juice and pour the cava gently.
- Add grapefruit ice (optional) to enhance and flavor and / or grapefruit peel twist for garnish.
Instagram Thalía Talavera: @ thalia.talavera