Ukraine has asked businessman Roman Abramovich, owner of Chelsea, to act as a mediator in the peace negotiations between Ukraine and Russia.
SIGHT: War between Ukraine – Russia live: reactions in the sports world | Last minute
As confirmed by a spokesman for Abramovich, the Ukrainian government has contacted the Russian billionaire to “help achieve peace.”
Furthermore, Ukrainian film director Alexander Rodnyansky reported that Abramovich was the only one to respond to Ukraine’s requests.
“I can confirm that the Ukrainian side has been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them negotiate peace. They have a relationship with him through the Jewish community and have asked him for help. Although Abramovich’s influence is limited, he is the only one who has responded to his requests for help.”Rodnyansky said.
Abramovich announced this weekend that he was leaving the administration of Chelsea in the hands of the club’s foundation, due to the moment that the United Kingdom is experiencing with Russia. According to Israeli media, the country where Abramovich has a passport, the Russian billionaire is present at the peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine in Belarus, but this has not been confirmed.
- Trae Young: “We have to take advantage of the few games we have left at home”
- The secrets behind the magical 2022 of the steering wheel that the Bicolor most needs | VIDEO
- The return to activity in the MLS that helps the bicolor facing the challenges in March
- Percy Liza: could he be an option for the matches against Uruguay and Paraguay?
- How will you get to the call? A traumatologist and two sports psychologists analyze the moment of Lapadula and his nose injury