Argentina had an unexpected debut in the Qatar 2022 World Cup when they fell 1-2 at the hands of Saudi Arabia and now it no longer depends on itself to qualify for the round of 16 of the international competition. What results suit the ‘Albiceleste’ in Group C? Here we tell you.
First of all, it is important to mention that if the Argentine team wins its remaining two games in the World Cup, it has great chances of getting into the next round. Of course, always seeing how Mexico, Poland and Arabia itself are doing. Here, the tie-breaker, in case of equality of points, is the goal difference and subsequently the yellow cards received.
What happens if Mexico and Poland tie?
This would be the best scenario for Lionel Messi’s team, given that by winning his two matches he would be directly in the round of 16 of the World Cup. However, if they do not win both commitments, the chances are considerably reduced.
Possible scenarios for Argentina in Group C
- To be first: what Saudi Arabia do not get any win in the remainder of the tournament. Also, Argentina should have a good goal difference.
- To be second: what Saudi Arabia be imposed on the winner of Mexico Y Poland.
- To be third: that Saudi Arabia I beat the loser of Mexico vs. Poland and fall to the winner. Here there would be a triple tie at six points where the goal difference would come into play.
Fixture of Argentina in the World Cup
- 4:00 p.m. | Argentina vs. Mexico – Saturday, November 26
- 4:00 p.m. | Argentina vs. Poland – Wednesday, November 30
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.