The Qatar 2022 World Cup is coming to an end and this weekend the last two games of the FIFA tournament will be played. On Saturday, December 17, the Moroccan and Croatian teams will face each other live for third and fourth place in the World Cup. Only one will be able to be part of the final podium and for this reason they will come out with the best they have available to obtain victory and bring joy to their fans. Find out all the details of this commitment below, which will be followed internationally.
The Moroccan team fought as far as it could against France, but finally the ‘Roosters’ ended up winning thanks to goals from Theo Hernández and Randal Kolo Muani. In this way, the Africans were left out of the race for the title, but they also have a new opportunity to continue making history, since no team from their continent has occupied the podium in a World Cup.
Morocco matches in the World Cup
- Morocco 0-2 France | Semifinal
- Morocco 1-0 Portugal | Quarter finals
- Morocco 0(3)-(0)0 Spain | round of 16
- Canada 1-2 Morocco | Group stage
- Belgium 0-2 Morocco | Group stage
- Morocco 0-0 Croatia | Group stage
The Croatian team, meanwhile, went from more to less against Argentina. Everything changed for the Europeans after the penalty taken from Julián Álvarez that Lionel Messi changed for a goal. Subsequently, the Manchester City forward himself appeared on two more occasions to increase the lead and seal the match 3-0. Luka Modric and company, however, are not throwing in the towel and will seek to win the bronze medal.
Croatia matches in the World Cup
- Croatia 0-3 Argentina | Semifinal
- Croatia 1(4)-(2)1 Brazil | Quarter finals
- Japan 1(1)-(3)1 Croatia | round of 16
- Croatia 0-0 Belgium | Group stage
- Croatia 4-1 Canada | Group stage
- Morocco 0-0 Croatia | Group stage
Time of Morocco vs. Croatia, for third place
In Peru it will be played from 10:00 am. Next, look at the international schedules.
Transmission channel to watch Morocco – Croatia live
Locally it will be seen on the screens of Latina TV, while internationally it will be broadcast by DIRECTV Sports. These are the other TV channels that will broadcast the match.
|Argentina||TyC Sports Play, DIRECTV Sports App, DIRECTV Sports Argentina, TyC Sports Argentina|
|bolivian||Tigo Sports Bolivia, Bolivia TV, Unitel, Red Uno|
|Brazil||Channels Globo, Globo, SporTV, NOW NET and Claro, GloboEsporte.com|
|Chili||Chilevision, Channel 13, DIRECTV Sports App, DIRECTV Sports Chile|
|Colombia||DIRECTV Sports App, DIRECTV Sports Colombia|
|Ecuador||CNT Play, DIRECTV Sports App, Teleamazonas, Soccer Channel, DIRECTV Sports Ecuador|
|Mexico||ViX, Blue To Go Video Everywhere, Sky HD, TV Azteca Deportes, TV Azteca 7, TUDN, Televisa, Channel 5|
|USA||Sling, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo, Foxsports.com, FOX Network, Telemundo, Peacock, UFORIA App, Futbol de Primera Radio, FOX Sports App, SiriusXM FC|
|Uruguay||TCC, Montecable HD 1, Antel TV, MCGo Live, DIRECTV Sports Uruguay, DIRECTV Sports App, NS Events 1|
|Venezuela||DIRECTV Sports Venezuela, DIRECTV Sports App|
Links to watch the match for third place in the World Cup online
By clicking on the following links you can see the Morocco vs. Croatia live streaming in different countries, according to your current location.
Where are Morocco vs. Croatia playing this Saturday?
The ball will roll at the Khalifa International Stadium, Also known as the Khalifa International Stadium, it is a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Rayyan, Qatar. It is the official headquarters of the Qatar soccer team. It has a capacity for 45,857 spectators.
On what other channels can you watch Morocco vs. Croatia?
- Albanian: RTSH
- Germany: ARD, ZDF and Deutsche TElekom
- Argentina: TyC Sports, Televisión Pública (32 games and all those played by the Argentine team) and DirecTV Sports
- Australia: SBS, FOX Sports, SEN
- Austria: ORF, ServusTV
- Azerbaijan: ITV
- Belgium: VRT, RTBF
- Belarus: BTRC (Beltelradio)
- Bolivia: ENTEL, Tigo Sports, Unitel, Red Uno and Bolivia TV
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: BHRT
- Brazil: TV Globo, SporTV
- Brunei: Kristal-Astro
- Bulgaria: BNT, NOVA
- Cambodia: TVK
- Canada: CTV, TSN
- Caribbean: SportsMax
- Chile: DirecTV Sports Chile, Chilevisión and Channel 13
- China: CCTV, Migu
- Cyprus: CyBC
- Colombia: DirecTV Sports:, Caracol, RCN
- South Korea: KBS, MBC, SBS
- Costa Rica: Teletics
- Croatia: HRT
- Curaçao: TV Direct 13
- Denmark: DR, TV 2
- Ecuador: DirecTV Sports, Teleamazonas, ECDF
- El Salvador: Tigo Sports, TCS
- Slovakia: RTVS
- Spain: Movistar Plus+, RTVE
- United States: Fox Sports, Telemundo (in Spanish)
- Estonian: ERR
- Philippines: TAP DMV
- Finland: Yleisradio, MTV3
- France: TF1, Bein Sports
- Greece: ANT1
- Guatemala: Tigo Sports, TV Azteca Guate
- Honduras: Tigo Sports, Televicentro
- Hungary: MTVA
- Indonesia: Klikdaily, Emtek
- Ireland: RTÉ
- Iceland: RÚV
- Cayman Islands: Logic
- Israel: KAN
- Italy: RAI
- Japan: Dentsu Inc.
- Kazakhstan: KZTV
- Kosovo: RTK
- Latvia: LTV
- Liechtenstein: SRG SSR
- Lithuania: LRT
- Macau: TDM
- North Macedonia: MRT
- Malt: PBS
- Mexico: Sky Sports, TUDN, TV Azteca
- Moldova: TRM
- Montenegro: GTCS
- Norway: NRK and TV 2 Direkte
- New Zealand: Sky Television
- Netherlands: NPO
- Pakistan: A Sports, Ary ZAP
- Panama: TVN, RPC, TVMax, Telemetro and COS
- Paraguay: Tigo Sports, Telefuturo, SNT and Thirteen
- Peru: DirecTV Sports, Latina Television
- Poland: TVP
- Portugal: RTP
- United Kingdom: BBC, ITV
- Czech Republic: ČT
- Dominican Republic: CDN 37, CDN Sports
- Romania: TVR
- Russia: Piervy Kanal, Match TV, VGTRK
- Serbian: RTS
- Sweden: SVT, TV4
- Switzerland: SRG SSR
- Suriname: SCCN, STVS
- Taiwan: ELTA
- Trinidad and Tobago: CNC3
- Turkey: TRT
- Ukraine: Suspilne
- Uruguay: DirecTV Sports, Channel 4, Channel 10, Teledoce, Antel, Dexary and TyC Sports
- Uzbekistan: MTRK
- Venezuela: DirecTV Sports, Televen, IVC
- Qatar: BeIN Sports
Statement by Walid Regragui after the match against France
“If I have something to regret, it is that his goal came so soon. We have not known how to be decisive in the last 30 meters, we lacked that because we have created situations. France doesn’t need too much to win because they have enormous quality. I congratulate them, but more to my players for the excellent World Cup they have done, in difficult situations, with many injuries and injuries. It’s been amazing, and we want to keep growing.
It won’t be easy, but we want to win it. Some will play who have done little, but have been very important to the group. We will see who is better to defend the Moroccan flag in that match, which is not easy at a mental level.
We see the images of the celebrations, and of course it is to be proud. We have lacked those details to win a World Cup, but I think the whole world is proud of this team, not only in Morocco. We have entered another level, of respect and everything”.
Word of Zlatko Dalic after the duel against Argentina
“Congratulations to Argentina and our boys. We gave the maximum and the best of us. For 35 minutes we were in complete control, everything we wanted. The ball, control, possession, Messi away from the goal and the ball, and then a penalty interrupted everything and messed it up a lot.
I talked about that part yesterday, that goal led the game in the wrong direction, then we conceded the second goal because of a couple of related errors. We are sad and disappointed, but we have to gather energy to come back and be ready for the next bronze fight.
We must not sink and fall. The boys should be proud and I am proud of them. We have to be realistic, objective and understand that we have done something fantastic, beyond all expectations”.
Possible formations of Morocco vs. Croatia
- Morocco: Yassine Bono; Achraf Hakimi, Achraf Dari, Jawad El Yamiq, Noussair Mazraoui; Azzedine Ounahi, Sofyan Amrabat, Selim Amallah; Hakim Ziyech, Youssef En-Nesyri and Sofiane Boufal. DT: Walid Regragui.
- Croatia: Dominik Livakovic; Josip Juranovic, Dejan Lovren, Josko Gvardiol, Borna Sosa; Luka Modric, Marcelo Brozovic, Mateo Kovacic; Andrej Kramaric, Bruno Petkovic and Ivan Perisic. DT: Zlatko Dalic.
Morocco vs. Croatia: history
Both teams have only met twice in their entire history. Find out how it went.
- Morocco 0-0 Croatia | World Cup Qatar 2022
- Morocco 2(6)-(7)2 Croatia | Friendly 1996
Morocco squad list
- Archers: (1) Yassine Bono, (12) Munir Elkajoui and (22) Reda Tagnaouti.
- Defenses: (25) Yahya Attiat Allah, (24) Badr Benoun, (3) Noussair Mazraoui, (18) Jawad El Yamiq, (2) Achraf Hakimi, (5) Nayev Aguerd, (6) Romain Saiss and (20) Achraf Dari.
- Frills: (11) Abdelhamid Sabiri, (8) Azzedine Ounahi, (4) Sofyan Amrabat, (26) Yahya Jabrane, (15) Selim Amallah, (23) Bilal Khanous, (10) Amine Harit.
- Forwards: (9) Abderazak Hamdallah, (14) Zakaria Aboukhlal, (19) Youssef En-Nesyri, (16) Abde Ezzalzouli, (17) Soufian Boufal, (21) Walid Cheddira, (7) Hakim Ziyech, (13) Ilyas Chair.
Croatia squad list
- Archers: (1) Dominik Livakovic, (23) Ivica Ivusic, (12) Ivo Grbic.
- Defenses: (21) Domagoj Vida, (6) Dejan Lovren, (3) Borna Barisic, (22) Josip Juranovic, (20) Josko Gvardiol, (19) Borna Sosa, (2) Josip Stanisic, (5) Martin Erlic, (24) ) Josip Sutalo.
- Frills: (10) Luka Modric, (8) Mateo Kovacic, (11) Marcelo Brozovic, (15) Mario Pasalic, (13) Nikola Vlasic, (7) Lovro Majer, (26) Kristijan Jakic, (25) Luka Sucic, (4) ) Ivan Perisic.
- Forwards: (9) Andrej Kramaric, (16) Bruno Petkovic, (18) Mislav Orsic, (17) Ante Budimir, (14) Marko Livaja.
Qatar 2022 World Cup dates
- Group phase: From November 20 to December 2
- Round of 16: From December 3 to 6
- Quarterfinals: December 9 and 10
- Semifinals: December 13 and 14
- Third and fourth place: December 17
- End: December 18
How much money will the country that takes third place in the World Cup earn?
FIFA will award 440 million dollars among the 32 participating teams throughout the tournament, this through different criteria. In the case of the third place, the one who takes the bronze medal, will receive a total of 27 million dollars.
For its part, the fourth place will take 25 million dollars for their participation.
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.