the president of U.S, Joe Bidenruled out sending troops to rescue Americans in Ukraine in case of a Russian invasion of that country, since a “world war” would break out and there would be no way to find them.
In an interview with the NBC network, advanced this Thursday in excerpts, the president warned that “When the Americans and the Russians start shooting at each other, a world war breaks out.”
LOOK: Biden asks US citizens to leave Ukraine immediately
“How we do it? How would we find them? responded when questioned about a possible dispatch of troops to rescue US citizens who are in Ukraine.
And he reiterated the call for his fellow citizens to leave the European country: “The Americans must go now. We are dealing with one of the largest armies in the world. Things can get complicated quickly.he warned.
- Russia begins massive military exercises in Belarus in the midst of the crisis with Ukraine
- US F-15 Fighter Jets Land in Poland Amid Ukraine Tension
- Russia assures that its troops will return to their bases after the military maneuvers in Belarus
The White House has approved a Pentagon plan for its soldiers in Poland to build temporary shelters and prepare in case it is necessary to help Americans fleeing Ukraine in the event of a Russian attack on that country, but does not contemplate sending troops. for an evacuation like the one in Afghanistan.
LOOK: With coats and backpacks ready to flee, eastern Ukraine prepares for a possible Russian attack
According to State Department data, there were 6,500 US citizens in Ukraine in October.
Tension has skyrocketed in the last month over the West’s claim that Russia has mobilized more than 100,000 soldiers on the border with Ukraine, which has led the Russian and US governments to engage in a propaganda battle.
Moscow has repeated that it does not want a war with Kiev and that it does not threaten Ukraine, while Washington warns that the Russians could attack that country “at any moment”.
- They kill el Koki, one of the most wanted and dangerous criminals in Venezuela
- The Playboy bunny who married an 89-year-old rich man and was left without an inheritance
- Who was the Koki, the dangerous criminal boss of Cota 905 who was shot down by the Venezuelan police
- Simon Leviev, the “Tinder scammer” accused of stealing millions from several women he met on the dating app
- Hunting Pablo Escobar’s hippos, a “necessary option” to control his invasion in Colombia
- Unusual: they find the body of an old Italian woman on a chair two years after her death