North Korea will continue to developformidable attack capabilities” they cannot be traded or sold for anything, leader Kim Jong-un said on Monday, according to state media, while visiting workers involved in the country’s largest missile test.
Kim met with officials, scientists, technicians and workers who contributed to Thursday’s launch of a missile, which North Korea says is its longest-range intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), state news agency KCNA reported.
- The incredible video that shows Kim Jong-un at the launch of the “monster missile” as in a Hollywood movie
- Peru condemns the launch of the new intercontinental ballistic missile from North Korea
- North Korea publishes photos of the launch of its new “monster missile” that puts the world on alert
“Only when one is equipped with formidable attack capabilities, overwhelming military power that no one can stop, can one prevent a war, ensure the security of the country, and contain and control all threats and blackmail from the imperialists.”said kimaccording to the report.
While personally overseeing the test Thursday, Kim said the new ICBM would help deter any military action by the United States, which technically remains at war with North Korea after the 1950-1953 Korean War ended in an armistice. instead of a peace agreement.
Washington has tried to pressure Pyongyang to surrender or reduce its stockpile of nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles, which can hit targets in the United States.
But Kim said his self-defense force “cannot be exchanged or bought with anything” and will stand firm without the slightest hesitation in spite of hard trials and difficulties.
North Korea will continue to build a “strongest and most perfect strategic forceKim said, referring to the country’s nuclear capability.
The United States said on Friday it would push for stronger United Nations sanctions against North Korea over “increasingly dangerous provocations”, but China and Russia signaled their opposition, instead calling for such measures to be relaxed.
North Korea said Thursday’s missile was the Hwasong-17, and Japan and South Korea confirmed flight data showed the projectile flew higher and longer than any previous North Korean test.
- Putin says Western sanctions are like a ‘declaration of war’
- Ukraine shows on social networks the missile attack on a helicopter: “This is how the Russian occupiers die!” | VIDEO
- Visa and Mastercard suspend operations in Russia due to the invasion of Ukraine
- The strange act of Vladimir Putin between jokes, flowers and stewardesses in full offensive in Ukraine
- British journalists recorded the moment they were fired upon by Russian troops in Ukraine
- War correspondent in Ukraine: “No one imagined that this would happen with such brutality”