As it spreads omicron, it seems to be becoming clear that the symptoms and the disease it causes are less severe than those caused by the previous variants of the coronavirus covid-19.
LOOK: Fanta Bility, the 8-year-old girl who was shot dead in the US by police officers who have just been charged
And, in general terms, with omicron the duration of the infection is shorter than with its predecessors. According to data from the UK Health Security Agency, two-thirds of positive cases are no longer infectious by the fifth day.
That is why several countries are revising their regulations on the required isolation period for infected people.
- New images showing the destruction left by the eruption and subsequent tsunami in Tonga
- The death in Spain of a woman after cosmetic surgery: “Sara had 30 perforations in various organs”
- How Iran is helping Venezuela increase its oil production despite US sanctions
In this video we tell you how long the omicron incubation lasts and when an infected person stops being contagious.
Script, presentation and video editing: Ana Maria Roura, Research: Maria Elena Navas
- Six of the ten best countries to live in after retirement are in Latin America: which are they and why?
- Queen Elizabeth withdraws Prince Andrew’s military titles and royal patronage over sex scandal
- “Omicron will infect everyone,” warns Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Valentina Boscardin died: the 18-year-old Brazilian model had tested positive for the coronavirus
- The world registers a new record of coronavirus infections: 3.4 million in one day