return the UEFA champions league and he does it with a great game: real Madrid vs. Chelsea They collide at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium for the first leg of the quarterfinals of the also known as the Champions League. then in Tradewe tell you which are the channels in charge of the transmission of the comparison between Spanish and English.
For the third season in a row, both teams and the last two champions of the tournament, meet in a Champions League tie.
The two teams have recently met successfully on their way to the title. Last season, Real Madrid prevailed in an extraordinary quarter-final duel on their way to their 14th European Cup, while Chelsea’s triumph in the 2020/21 edition included the elimination of the Spanish side in the semi-finals.
WHEN DO REAL MADRID VS. CHELSEA?
The match between two of the most important teams in Europe is scheduled to be played this Wednesday, April 12, 2023, at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium in Spain.
WHAT CHANNEL IS TRANSMITTING REAL MADRID VS. CHELSEA?
- If you are in Argentina – ESPN Argentina, Star+
- If you are in Bolivia – Star+, ESPN
- If you are in Brazil – HBO Max
- If you’re in Canada – DAZN
- If you are in Chile – Star+, ESPN Chile
- If you are in Colombia – Star+, ESPN
- If you are in Costa Rica – Star+, ESPN Norte
- If you are in the Dominican Republic – Star+, ESPN Norte
- If you are in El Salvador – Star+, ESPN Norte
- If you are in France – RMC Sport live, Canal+ Foot, RMC Sport 1
- If you are in Germany – DAZN1, DAZN, Servus TV
- If you are in Guatemala – ESPN Norte, Star+
- If you are in Honduras – Star+, ESPN Norte
- If you are in Italy – Sky Sport 4K, Sky Sport 251, SKY Go Italia, Sky Sport Football, Sky Sport Uno, NOW TV
- If you are in Mexico – HBO Max
- If you are in Panama – ESPN Norte, Star+, Flow Sports App, RPC, Flowsports.co
- If you are in Paraguay – ESPN, Star+
- If you are in Peru – ESPN, Star+
- If you are in Spain – Movistar+, Movistar Champions League
- If you’re in the UK – BBC Radio 5 Live, TalkSport Radio UK, BTSport.com, BT Sport 1, BT Sport App, BT Sport Ultimate
- If you are in the United States – Paramount+, SiriusXM FC, Univision NOW, VIX+, Univision
- If you are in Uruguay – ESPN, Star+
- If you are in Venezuela – Star+, ESPN
WHAT TIME DOES REAL MADRID – CHELSEA PLAY?
- If you are in Mexico – 1:00 pm
- If you are in Ecuador – 2:00 pm
- If you are in Peru – 2:00 pm
- If you are in Colombia – 2:00 pm
- If you are in Chile – 3:00 pm
- If you are in Paraguay – 3:00 pm
- If you are in the United States – 3:00 pm
- If you are in Venezuela – 3:00 pm
- If you are in Bolivia -3:00 pm
- If you are in Argentina – 4:00 pm
- If you are in Uruguay – 4:00 pm
- If you are in Brazil – 4:00 pm
- If you are in Spain – 9:00 pm
HISTORY, REAL MADRID VS. CHELSEA
Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid won 5-4 on aggregate in last season’s quarterfinal tie. In the first leg, played at Stamford Bridge, the Spanish prevailed 1-3, with two goals from Karim Benzema in the first half (21′, 24′). Although Kai Havertz halved Chelsea’s deficit five minutes before the break, Benzema completed his hat-trick in the first minute of the second period.
Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea came back strongly at the Santiago Bernabéu. Goals from Mason Mount (15′) and Antonio Rüdiger (now at Madrid – 51′) leveled the contest before Timo Werner gave the then defending champions the aggregate lead with 15 minutes remaining. Rodrygo’s goal in the 80th minute forced extra time, where Benzema scored the decisive goal in the 96th minute.
Tuchel’s Chelsea beat Zinédine Zidane’s Real Madrid 3-1 on aggregate in the 2020/21 semifinals, with goals from Werner (28′) and Mount (85′), which ensured the 2-0 win. turn around at Stamford Bridge. The first leg in Spain had finished 1–1, with Christian Pulišić’s opening goal in the 14th minute for the visitors neutralized by Benzema’s 15 minutes later.
The two teams had only met in three games before 2020, in two UEFA competition finals won by Chelsea. The second of those clashes was the 1998 UEFA Super Cup in Monaco, when a Gustavo Poyet goal seven minutes from time at the Stade Louis II gave UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup winners Chelsea a 1-0 victory. against Real Madrid, who had qualified after winning the UEFA Champions League.
The English club had also prevailed in the final of the 1971 European Cup Winners’ Cup against Real Madrid in Piraeus. The first game ended 1-1, with a goal by Peter Osgood in the 56th minute at the Georgios Karaiskakis stadium, equalized in the last minute by Ignacio Zoco.
Two days later, in a repeat match at the same stadium, goals from John Dempsey (31′) and Osgood (39′) in the first half gave Chelsea their first European title, despite Sebastián Fleitas closing the gap to Real Madrid 15 minutes from the end.
With information from UEFA
I have worked in the news industry for over 10 years. I have a keen interest in sports and have written for many different publications. I am currently working as an author at 24 News Recorder. I cover mostly sports news but also write about other topics such as current affairs and politics. I have a strong interest in social media and how it can be used to engage with audiences.