The First Lady north korean, Ri Sol-juhas reappeared in public after four months out of the public eye by attending with her husband, the leader Kim Jong Unto a performance on the occasion of the celebration of the Lunar New Year.
LOOK: North Korea Releases Photos of Medium-Range Ballistic Missile Test, Most Powerful Test Since 2017
Kim and Ri, along with other top North Korean politburo officials, enjoyed a performance at the Mansudae Art Theater in the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, on the eve, state news agency KCNA reported on Wednesday.
- North Korea launches its most powerful ballistic missile since 2017
- North Korea fires an unidentified projectile
- North Korea: Why the country sanctioned for missile tests will chair the largest forum dedicated to nuclear disarmament?
“When respected comrade Kim Jong-un appeared in the theater auditorium with his wife Ri Sol-ju amid welcome music, the audience erupted in applause and cheers of ‘Hooray!
It is the first time that Ri has made a public appearance since he accompanied Kim last September to visit the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, where the remains of Kim’s grandfather and founder of North Korea, Kim Il-sung, rest. and his father-in-law and former leader, Kim Jong-il, for the 73rd anniversary of the founding of the country.
Tuesday’s performance began with the interpretation of the country’s anthem and folk songs and songs “famous for their patriotic themes.”
After the show ended, Kim and Ri went up on stage “to shake hands with the artists and congratulate them on a successful performance before taking a photo with them,” KCNA said.
Among the notable attendees to the event were also the other four members of the presidium of the politburo of the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party, Choe Ryong-hae, Jo Yong-won, Kim Tok-hun and Pak Jong-chon.
The festive and relaxed day of February 1, framed in the celebrations of the Lunar New Year, took place after the intense arms activity of Pyongyang in January, in which it carried out seven missile tests, the highest monthly number of launches of this type since that Kim took the reins of the regime in 2011.
- Tragedy in Ecuador: death toll rises to 24 due to flood in Quito after historic rains | VIDEOS
- 9 members of the Clan del Golfo die in operation in northwestern Colombia
- Chinese New Year: what the year of the tiger means and how it is celebrated
- Wave of bomb threats against black universities in the US
- Fear of a war with Russia?: the testimony of Peruvians living in Ukraine