Government Bolivian He affirmed this Monday that members of the group that assassinated Haitian President Jovenel Moise in July had been in Bolivia in 2020 to try to kill current President Luis Arce, but the opposition questioned this version.
“They wanted to attempt against our life,” said the Bolivian leftist president at a public event, hours after his Minister of Government (Interior), Eduardo del Castillo, disclosed to the press the alleged plan to kill Arce.
- Áñez asks to defend himself in freedom in a letter to the president of Bolivia
- Jeanine Áñez among the finalists for the European Parliament Sakharov Prize
- Bolivia: President Luis Arce measures his forces with the opposition under the shadow of Evo Morales
Del Castillo assured that in the days before and after the elections of October 18, 2020, a US citizen and four Colombians entered Bolivia who would later be part of the plot that culminated in the death of Moïse, on July 7.
The minister identified the American Arcángel Pretel and the Colombian Antonio Intriago as part of the group that would have tried to kill Arce before and after he assumed command, on November 10, 2020.
“We are talking about the fact that days before the elections, paramilitaries who would later kill the president of Haiti and mercenary contractors, such as Mr. Arcángel Pretel and Mr. Antonio Intriago, were in the country and the main intention of these gentlemen was to end the life of the president ”Arce, assured Del Castillo.
According to Del Castillo, the mastermind behind the alleged plan was Luis Fernando López, former defense minister of the imprisoned former president Jeanine Áñez, who left Bolivia days after Arce took office and is now in Brazil.
The minister said that the government will present these records to the courts to open a process and that it will request the extradition of all those involved.
However, different opposition leaders immediately questioned the veracity of the alleged plot to kill Arce.
The governor of the rich eastern region of Santa Cruz, the opposition Luis Fernando Camacho, said that the complaint “is totally irresponsible” and “not very serious”, and that if the minister really has evidence, that he present it to justice.
Senator Centa Rek, from the Creemos party, indicated that the government intends to “incriminate the opponents of an alleged coup” against former president Evo Morales (2006-2019) and use justice for that purpose.
The deputy Luisa Nayar, from the Citizen Community (CC), considered that it is a “tramoya and a gigantic lie” to intimidate the opposition.
- The “twisted” experiment that tried to raise a baby with a chimpanzee
- Why are the Arabs so keen to buy the elite teams of European football?
- Melbourne becomes the city in the world with the most days under strict confinement due to coronavirus
- Billionaire Robert Durst is sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his best friend
- Gabby Petito died of strangulation almost a month before being found, according to autopsy
- Two motorcycle assailants die after victim shot them in Colombia